Question What exactly happens if you delete your account?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,141
  • Replies 11
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
Your username gets changed to "Deleted user" and your profile is no longer visible. You become unable to access your account. Quotes in other people's comments still contain your original username.

Does anything actually get deleted to the point where it is unrecoverable?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The posts that you see like that are from accounts that are "soft deleted", in that the only thing really removed is their specific account information and that's it. This is done in order to keep potential important information in threads and posts from being removed (ie if someone answers a question or makes a tutorial for something, that information won't be removed permanently, simply most ties to their user name).

There are accounts that are hard deleted, but basically 100% of the time they're just spambots so nothing important is lost.

I don't think we often soft-delete accounts either these days, most of the time they'll just be banned unless there's some special circumstances.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The posts that you see like that are from accounts that are "soft deleted", in that the only thing really removed is their specific account information and that's it. This is done in order to keep potential important information in threads and posts from being removed (ie if someone answers a question or makes a tutorial for something, that information won't be removed permanently, simply most ties to their user name).

There are accounts that are hard deleted, but basically 100% of the time they're just spambots so nothing important is lost.

I don't think we often soft-delete accounts either these days, most of the time they'll just be banned unless there's some special circumstances.
Actually users can do it via their profile now lol. I think after doing it they have a one day grace period to log in and reactivate it? Look through your profile settings, the option should be there.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"What happens when you delete your account?"

You make the Costello lion cry, so don't do it!
Nah when Costello sees an account deletion request he is like.

giphy.gif

9fe.gif

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: MohammedQ8

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum