Hacking What exactly does the latest update block?

h0ffman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a Wii which is currently v2.1. I've managed to install the Twilight Hack and a could of Wads, but the Homebrew channel wont install because the system is too old. If I make sure that there is an elf or dol launcher channel installed, can I then update the wii to the latest system software and still run homebrew? Also, does the latest update screw up the current set of backup loaders like Wiigator and SoftChip?

jp_zer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
h0ffman said:
Slowking said:
You should install Waninkokos CIOS. Then you can update to 3.3 and downgrade your IOS-versions with this http://teknoconsolas.info/foro/viewtopic.p...=95&t=56590

So should I make sure I have a channel installed which can run homebrew first before running this update? Seeing as I cannot install the latest homebrew channel.
AFAIK, the latest update doesn't block the homebrew channel. The Beta 9 fixed the poblem.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would suggest:
1. Install CIOS
2. Update to 3.3
3. Install homebrew channel
4. downgrade your IOS-versions
optional: 5. downgrade your system menu to 3.2 (only important if you have a modchip and want to run fakesigned discs.)

Btw. depending on how old yours is you may need the new twilight hack, since the old one was patched by nintendo with the first 3.3 update... http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Instead of going all around the world upgrading then downgrading I'd just upgrade straight to 3.2e and be done.

h0ffman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys. I installed the cIOS and ran the update over the net and now everything works
smile.gif
. I put an earlier Homebrew Channel on there first which installed on the 2.1 system that it was, just to be on the safe side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.