Hacking What exactly does an EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack do?

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know it has Rumble feature for games, but what else will interest me into buying one? I already have the CycloDS Evolution. Will this allow me to play GBA games? Thanks

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
And aside from playing GBA games and vibrating with games that support it, it also provides memory expansion so you can use the DS Browser aswell as homebrews like Quake2DS.

Amici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So where do the GBA ROMs go? Into the EZFlash? Or inside the MicroSDHC card I have in my CycloDS? Kinda confused on how the GBA support works exactly since I can't find that info on any of the sellers I've seen.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
They go onto the microSD for the Cyclo. Only one ROM is written at a time onto the EZflash, and for as long as it stays there the EZflash becomes just like a copy of a GBA cartridge with that game. You can even take it out of your DS and put it into your GBA.

Amici

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Oh wow really? I didn't know it worked like that lol. Thanks for the quick replies!

EDIT: BTW, last question, is the EZFlash 3-in1 the best card of its kind? Kinda like how CycloDS Evo is among the best in the lot of SLOT-1 flashcards. Thanks!
smile.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Functionality-wise, yes. It does almost everything a slot-2 can do, GBA games, rumble, and extra RAM(apart from guitar hero playing). Some criticize the way you only write 1 ROM at a time but its compatibility is excellent.

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I'm an owner of both a CycloDS Evolution and an EZ 3-in-1, and I can add a bit to how awesome it is.

With the Beta GBA support on the Evolution
(Beta GBA support on most recent full Evolution firmware,
and full GBA support on most recent Beta Evolution firmware) ha
There isn't any need to flash the games to the EZ 3-in-1, you can just play the roms straight through the gui of your Evolution, the same way you would load up a DS rom. In fact, it's recommended to do it this way so that the Evolution can properly keep track of your save files (it's better to use the save files stored on your SD card rather than the ones which are flashed to the 3-in-1). SO it's that way basically for management purposes and to prevent save files getting mixed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: