Hacking What exactly do i need to install the usb loader GX?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you used the version I linked in my first post?
the package should be complete and working, lot of users installed d2x using my installer package.

Well, if it worked now it's fine. I just want to know if the issue is my files.

Also, if you followed the tutorial from your link, you probably installed wrong version.
I still don't understand why they are telling users to install mixed version/base of the cIOS which doesn't make sense for the end user.
but again, as long as it works for you, that's fine. But someday you may encounter issues without knowing why and you will have to ask again here (that's fine, we will help you again).

I'd recommend installing either v8 or v10 r52 (NOT r53)
base 56 and base 57, in slot 249 and 250 respectively.

or only base57 in slot 249 for best compatibility.

Reactions: baco81

shaveyoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan, a massive thanks for your assistance on this thread. Pleased to say I finally got the majority of my roms working which is a relief. It looks as though every time I restart that my IOS resets to what it was. I have installed and reinstalled various mods in the past so no doubt something still sitting in the background effecting this. Any ideas?

Also, would a bad rip cause a game to freeze 5 minutes into play? Still have one or two of these so question if I need to find another version.

Thanks again...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
bad rip, or corrupted game (if you ever used WBFS partition format, it could be the cause of corruption).
sometime it's at the game start, sometime at specific point (loading a music, a menu, a video, etc.)
if it's random, it's more complicated to find the issue.

I don't understand what you mean by "IOS resets".
there's no real reset.
the console has multiple folders (called "slot") where you install different version of the system file (IOS)
these IOS are there, in multiple version, ready to be used by an application if needed.

USBLoaderGX uses the slot249
other homebrew use different slot number
it doesn't "reset" but "reload" to the preferred slot, if needed, at any time. that's all perfectly normal.

shaveyoz

Trophies
XP
Country
bad rip, or corrupted game (if you ever used WBFS partition format, it could be the cause of corruption).
sometime it's at the game start, sometime at specific point (loading a music, a menu, a video, etc.)
if it's random, it's more complicated to find the issue.

I don't understand what you mean by "IOS resets".
there's no real reset.
the console has multiple folders (called "slot") where you install different version of the system file (IOS)
these IOS are there, in multiple version, ready to be used by an application if needed.

USBLoaderGX uses the slot249
other homebrew use different slot number
it doesn't "reset" but "reload" to the preferred slot, if needed, at any time. that's all perfectly normal.
I've used v8 final with 57 into 249 but after a restart, gx loader displays via the credits shows different ios details. I presumed that these should be showing the above and not something else like V10.

Also the cios install program displays an error message after downloading the relevant files (flashes up quickly in red) but when revisiting the ios table, it shows the correct information.

And the roms are in wfbs format but on a fat32 drive. Should I switch these to iso or is the damage already done?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the USB Loader GX credits screen say "3.0c"? If so, that's the full channel version and isn't supported anymore. Using it and the .dol version together can lead to issues with the config files and makes it confusing because sometimes one version is running and sometimes the other one is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
USBLoaderGX uses the slot you tell it to use.
if you go to the settings of the loader and tell it to use slot250, then it will not see the cIOS you installed in slot249.
verify the settings and be sure it's set to use the slot where you installed the cIOS you want to use.
Settings > Loader settings > Loader's IOS

if you have v3.0c like greywolf mentionned, you can follow this guide to replace it with the correct version:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6478222

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: shaveyoz

mierdatuti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
when I load cfg loader it says me:
Custom ios 249 is a stub!

So, I'm trying to install ios 249 of d2x and it gives me error:

First attempt)

tcp_readln failed: -104

net_write failed: -128

==============
Second attempt)
net_gesthostbyname failed: -6

Colud you help me please? I attach you the syscheck:

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 por Double_A y R2-D2199, Nano

...corre en IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL

Menu de Sistema 4.3E (v514)

Unidad de la fecha: 13.02.2007

HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert

Hollywood v0x11

ID de consola: 58789898

Boot2 v4

Encontrados 71 titulos.

Se encontraron 46 IOS en esta consola. 15 de ellos son stubs.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Sin Parches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): Sin Parches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): Sin Parches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): Sin Parches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Sin Parches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Sin Parches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS33 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Sin Parches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Sin Parches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Sin Parches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Sin Parches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Sin Parches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): Sin Parches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Sin Parches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): Sin Parches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Acceso Flash, Acceso NAND, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii

BC v6

MIOS v10

Many thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your syscheck report is missing the HBC version. But I'll suppose it's 1.x.x

your problem with d2x installer seems to be related to the network.
the program can't download the needed files, and they are hosted on Nintendo's update server.

verify :
1. your console has internet access and correctly setup. try using the internet browser to verify.
2. your router doesn't filter any Nintendo's URL (for example, if you followed 3DS Tubehax, or WiiU Browserhax, maybe you are filtering the update server?)

3. not related to your error, but be sure you use the correct d2x link from the second post of the thread.
don't mix Wii version and vWii version.

4. looking at your syscheck report, I see you already have a custom/patched IOS, it's installed in slot 250.
so, CFG Loader might not find a cIOS in slot 249, but if you tell the loader to use slot250 instead it will find one.
but you used an old version of syscheck, so I don't know which cIOS you have currently installed in slot250, probably cIOS rev20 (like a lot of people with old setup)
so, please, try to update by following the guide on second post.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
games are rarely over 4GB !

games are converted from full 4.7GB ISO dump to smaller .wbfs file size.
the "wbfs" (wii backup file system) only keeps the game's data and delete the useless dumy space on the disc. for example, Super Mario Wii is only 400MB.

if there are effective game's data bigger than 4GB (smash bros, xenoblade, metroid prime), the .wbfs file is split in multiple parts. There is no problem loading the game in split format.
that's the reason you should use a proper Manager to convert, split, rename the game filename for you.

WiiBackupManager is the most used program (windows only). Other good program is Wit (Wiimm's Iso Tool) and its GUI WiiBaFu.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, you are using a WBFS partition format?
The library used to manage WBFS partition had a bug, which has been fixed.
But a lot of people were using program bundled with the old unfixed library (for example "WBFS manager"), which corrupts games on their drive.

That's why I mentioned Wit (which works on linux, has a gui too), it's the best tool to work with wbfs partitions.

I don't know if your program uses the updated wbfs library, but the tool seems quite recent (2016), I suppose it's not having the old bug.

If it's updated you can continue to use it if you don't mind having a proprietary format unusable on your computer, unusable for other homebrew (gamecube, emulators, etc.). Personally, my HDD is still in that format, I don't need to change it.
If you want, you can convert the wbfs to fat32 without losing data by using the "wbfs2Fat" in my signature.

Last edited by Cyan,

KaitouKid1412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But a lot of people were using program bundled with the old unfixed library (for example "WBFS manager"), which corrupts games on their drive.

That's why I mentioned Wit (which works on linux, has a gui too), it's the best tool to work with wbfs partitions.

I don't know if your program uses the updated wbfs library, but the tool seems quite recent (2016), I suppose it's not having the old bug.

If

If it's updated you can continue to use it if you don't mind having a proprietary format unusable on your computer, unusable for other homebrew (gamecube, emulators, etc.). Personally, my HDD is still in that format, I don't need to change it.
If you want, you can convert the wbfs to fat32 without losing data by using the "wbfs2Fat" in my signature.

it's updated you can continue to use it if you don't mind having a proprietary format unusable on your computer, unusable for other homebrew (gamecube, emulators, etc.). Personally, my HDD is still in that format, I don't need to change it.

I'm going to buy a second hand japanese wii, will it support boot2?
The serial number is LJH103*****5
The wii version is V2, the second batch of wii that came out.
It is a white regular wii, original wii.
RVL-001

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know.
you'll have to try, but a lot of wii don't have the boot1 vulnerability and that's fine too. Priiloader can act as semi-brick protection.

Why did you quote my message (Twice!), if the question is unrelated to my message?
this thread is about "how to install USBLoaderGX", nothing about boot2 or console ID.
you already created a thread to ask question about your Wii, why not use it? if you get no answer, it means nobody knows the answer, asking in another place will not help.

you ask the same question over and over, by bumping random old threads for 15 days.
the answer is simple : nobody knows ! stop asking, and try ! and we already told you that, why are you still asking things we can't even know ? we are not living crystal balls.
Trying is the fastest way to know.
We can't tell randomly without trying, neither can you.

Last edited by Cyan,

SevenWillis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I modded my Wii back in 2012. I never seemed to run into a problem with the library bug though. I'm going to keep it on WBFS because with my luck, if I change it, it'll break somehow lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple