What ever happened to Midnight Club?

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just realized that the latest release was way back in 2008, I thought it was a great game. What happened to it though? Rockstar has made no contact with it since and it seems that they don't care anymore for a great series IMO.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had lots of fun with Midnight Club on the PSP. Was fun crashing into the gas stations, cruising around the city; and racing. I think it just died for some reason, not too sure though. It shouldn't have though.

The Catboy

GBATemp's Official Demiboy: Am Catboy now!
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rockstar always seems like an unfocused company when it comes to their side projects. Like yeah they make amazing games, but anything other than GTA seems to get next to no focus. Like they will make a few games in those series, but then quickly forget about them to focus on GTA. Maybe they just really love GTA.

Reactions: VinsCool
D

Deleted-236924

Rockstar always seems like an unfocused company when it comes to their side projects. Like yeah they make amazing games, but anything other than GTA seems to get next to no focus. Like they will make a few games in those series, but then quickly forget about them to focus on GTA. Maybe they just really love GTA.
I think GTA is and was probably a lot more popular than the others, so it makes sense to focus more on GTA than the others.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people thought "GTA" when hearing the name Rockstar, and fewer people would really know much about their other games.

The Catboy

GBATemp's Official Demiboy: Am Catboy now!
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think GTA is and was probably a lot more popular than the others, so it makes sense to focus more on GTA than the others.
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people thought "GTA" when hearing the name Rockstar, and fewer people would really know much about their other games.
But what about Rockstar Games Presents Table Tennis?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DSgodman @ DSgodman:
    lol wat is this
  • Maq47 @ Maq47:
    Ur mum. lol xD
  • wiiuepiccpu @ wiiuepiccpu:
    F u n n i t e x t
  • PeeJay Bonobo @ PeeJay Bonobo:
    I wonder what the speeds are with this upload I'm doing, because I have a reason to believe that YouTube is barely taking advantage of my upload speed under Firefox.
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    did your upload slow down? V:
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    #+
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    oops
    No, I've checked my upload, it's still good.
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    so Youtube is not the one at fault
    I blame Firefox. I can't believe I'm saying this, but if this was Chrome, the video would be processing right now.
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    @wolffangalchemist you're just doing it wrong, smh
  • Ishzark @ Ishzark:
    greedy Firefox
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    comic sans is pretty awesome
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I mean... at least I think so... HAH
  • VinsCool @ VinsCool:
    poop
  • Olmectron @ Olmectron:
    bread
  • boomy @ boomy:
    bread
  • Olmectron @ Olmectron:
    breadofthewild
    +1
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    ^ That explains why that game feels so stale and old and gross; thanks!
  • Asia81 @ Asia81:
    pooping a bread in the wild
    +2
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yo found my PS1 pizza hut demo disc
  • thehawksfuckingdead7 @ thehawksfuckingdead7:
    ps1 games are wild man
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    Okay, how do I disable that "GBAtemp wants to enable push notifications" banner at the bottom of the screen? It keeps appearing whenever I visit the home page, and I can't enable them.
    RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing: Okay, how do I disable that "GBAtemp wants to enable push notifications" banner at the bottom of...