gamer
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
(if this belongs in site discussions, please move it there)
I'm curious, what entices people to like specific posts?
I ask because I often see people referring to the "GBAtemp pilgrims" (@Scott_pilgrim , @BlazeMasterBM , and @Mama Looigi currently), people who like almost every post they see. I always thought "man, I like a lot of posts too, don't I?" but I realized that I mostly do that in the sections relating to consoles, particularly helpful posts or praise, or posts by @PineappleGod

So, do you have a "qualification" for liking posts? Or just whatever you agree with/find humorous? Or, maybe you specifically don't like posts for certain reasons, whatever you have to say on the matter, I'd like (haha get it?) to hear.

Last edited by banjo2,

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
(if this belongs in site discussions, please move it there)
I'm curious, what entices people to like specific posts?
I ask because I often see people referring to the "GBAtemp pilgrims" (@Scott_pilgrim , @BlazeMasterBM , and @Mama Looigi currently), people who like almost every post they see. I always thought "man, I like a lot of posts too, don't I?" but I realized that I mostly do that in the sections relating to consoles, particularly helpful posts or praise.

So, do you have a "qualification" for liking posts? Or just whatever you agree with/find humorous? Or, maybe you specifically don't like posts for certain reasons, whatever you have to say on the matter, I'd like (haha get it?) to hear.
I love liking things :3
I love to spread to love UwU

I got it from Alexander1970 when he used to do it-
I’ve been going for two years now I think-

Scott got it from people torturing PineappleGod

BlazeMasterBM is just probably a good person

Personally I quite hate it when I’m referred to as a “Pilgrim” but I never bothered to say anything

I like posts I see that aren’t things I don’t disagree with. Hmm... I love when people get all excited from my like spam x3
Unfortunately I’ve only been able to like a tiny amount of the posts I actually would, because I’ve been so busy since December. But eventually I’ll get back into it-
I just do it out of generosity and caring for all my temp children :3
Back when I first started- I liked all the posts I could because I appreciated that people took their valuable time and effort to respond.

Scott has certainly gained a large amount of recognition for liking so many things so quickly-

But I do things more... gradually- out of fear of getting in trouble

The other day when I have a certain member 300+ likes in one go-
I limit myself to once a year for things likes those

In the end though-
I just
Need a bigger like button on mobile
My big fat paw beans miss it so often and I frequently have to try 4 or 5 times before I press it

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing. I have even the option to like things blocked by my ad blocker.

I find it useless function that arguably detracts from discussions. My first or second step as forum boss would be to get rid of it.

That said if I like a post I might quote it and offer some further expansion on something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself