Question What emulators work for SXOS 1.6? I'm also curious of the file structure to add the Roms/Emulator

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by dwilson4, Aug 28, 2018.

1. dwilson4
    OP

dwilson4 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    Thank you!

2. kofman13

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    want to know this also as i ordered my SX Pro today and will be doing home brew and want to know what emulators work well already

3. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Every emulator also works on SX OS. RetroArch libnx has the most emulators: https://gbatemp.net/threads/development-thread-retroarch-libnx.505672/
    There are also standalone emiulators like pSNES, VBA-Next and pFBA.
    There is also the linux distribution Lakka which can run on the Switch, but it's not worth for beginners (as many things are misisng, like Stanbdy and audio output through the speakers).
    You can find the file structure in the threads. It's always SD://switch/FOLDERNAME/FOLDERNAME.nro for the emulator itself (RetroArch is different but there is a good README explaining it)

Nickbo, ElConsolero and Type_O_Dev like this.
  4. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    How is performance of homebrew/emulators through CFW vs Lakka? I understand homebrew through CFW does not have access to the GPU for hardware accelerated graphics, but what about the stuff that wouldn't really use that?

Type_O_Dev likes this.
  5. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Retro nx has been awesome on sxos. Psx games run at 50-60fps without gpu excelleration. Gba, nes, snes and genesis have worked pretty much flawlessly for me so far.

Last edited by Clapmaster, Aug 30, 2018
    Type_O_Dev likes this.
  6. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Lakkka is linux based and using mesa drivers with opengl. what we are looking to get at some point is tegra with cuda support, As of now lakka handles everything upto gamecube

7. Clapmaster

Clapmaster GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Doesn't gamecube only run half speed and you need a Bluetooth speaker paired to your Switch to get audio?

Type_O_Dev likes this.
  8. Type_O_Dev

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Last I checked yes but that was a few weeks ago. I was just letting poster know the details of GPU support. The audio thing is being worked on im sure

Clapmaster likes this.
  9. chrisisx

chrisisx GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2014
    Singapore
    Singapore
    Does the PSX games have sound now? i think i read somewhere that there is no audio for PSX.

Mylink5 likes this.
  10. Aerogems

Aerogems Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    United States
    Has anyone experienced the memory card corruption warned of in the Retroarch README when using ExFAT? I could set up a separate memory card just for emulation, but would rather not since most ROMs for the GBA are only a few MB. Really only want FF5 and 6 Advance which I still have to get around to playing some day.