Homebrew what emulator on the 3ds can run mario rpg fullspeed with no lag?

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen some interesting things during my eight years here. The onus is on you to provide specifications when making an assistance thread, not to criticize those who know more than you when you fail to do so. Provide more information next time in order to get more relevant responses. For example, you failed to specify whether your VC is running official software or is an inject, what type of inject (if it is), and so on. See? That's common sense, after all ;)
who tries an snes vc with an old 3ds? common sense.

it's obvious it's an inject since mario rpg hasn't been officially released for the 3ds. common sense.

common sense is ur friend

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
why did you guys assume I have an old 3DS? I have a new xl and there are still framerate dips in Mario RPG. I wanna play it without frameskip.
Because you didn't specify that, then it was a possibility.

And you also have another posibbilities to test if that game runs better: using some SNES emulation core from Retroarch, for example.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it's obvious it's an inject since mario rpg hasn't been officially released for the 3ds. common sense.

Because again, like what I said earlier, Super Mario RPG is NOT compatible with the real Nintendo SNES Virtual Console injection container. It's not common sense you lack. It's common courtesy.

Super_Mario_RPG_failed_VC_injection.png

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

See TurdPoo's post above mine before you accidentally wreck yourself again in an attempt to pop off at me. You lack common courtesy towards those attempting to help your ignorance in the thread you made. Maybe you should learn the basics before criticizing those smarter than you. Nobody knows what kind of container you're attempting to use unless you specify, because while it technically isn't possible to inject SMRPG into an official VC container, there are ways to brute force it. Most distributed VCs for the game run on Bubble2k16's SNES emulator, which GASP is optimized for OLD 3DS! So yes, there are plenty who try (and succeed) with SNES VCs on O3DS. There's a specialized fork of it too that can run SMRPG without dipping under 55FPS on an O3DS (and stable 60FPS on a New), but since you're so witty and smart, I'm sure you can find it on your own. It's location should be simple for a master of common sense such as yourself.

Oh by the way, it is possible to get official SNES VC containers running on an O3DS with stable results, but it's game-dependent and few and far between. Is there anything else I can educate you on?

Last edited by ArtemisM,

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
See TurdPoo's post above mine before you accidentally wreck yourself again in an attempt to pop off at me. You lack common courtesy towards those attempting to help your ignorance in the thread you made. Maybe you should learn the basics before criticizing those smarter than you. Nobody knows what kind of container you're attempting to use unless you specify, because while it technically isn't possible to inject SMRPG into an official VC container, there are ways to brute force it. Most distributed VCs for the game run on Bubble2k16's SNES emulator, which GASP is optimized for OLD 3DS! So yes, there are plenty who try (and succeed) with SNES VCs on O3DS. There's a specialized fork of it too that can run SMRPG without dipping under 55FPS on an O3DS (and stable 60FPS on a New), but since you're so witty and smart, I'm sure you can find it on your own. It's location should be simple for a master of common sense such as yourself.

Oh by the way, it is possible to get official SNES VC containers running on an O3DS with stable results, but it's game-dependent and few and far between. Is there anything else I can educate you on?
Majority of mario rpg vc's are injects link me to a site which has it working on the official vc thingy bet you won't find one. Common sense #1

Why would I ask how I can play Mario RPG without framerate dips if I'm playing on an OLD 3DS? Common sense #2.

No, official vc's will have crippling lag if run on an old 3DS. Common sense #3.

And I doubt you're smarter than me tbh.

ArtemisM

Kupo for Kupo Nuts
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majority of mario rpg vc's are injects link me to a site which has it working on the official vc thingy bet you won't find one. Common sense #1

Can't link to copyrighted content on GBAtemp. Low-quality bait.

Why would I ask how I can play Mario RPG without framerate dips if I'm playing on an OLD 3DS? Common sense #2.

Because it's possible to get great performance with it on O3DS using a SA-1 tuned fork of SNES9X? You probably don't even know what the SA-1 is.

No, official vc's will have crippling lag if run on an old 3DS. Common sense #3.

A handful run perfectly fine. I have an official inject for a few puzzle games and they run flawlessly. Generally it's advised not to run official injects on an O3DS, but it is possible.

And I doubt you're smarter than me tbh.

Based on your responses, this wouldn't be very hard to achieve. Just saying, kiddo. You've displayed next to no understanding about the community, the particulars of injects, and have not contributed a single relevant comment in this thread. You got booty-bothered when you got told that your OP lacked pertinent information and have been argumentative since. Folks responded trying to help based on what your (inadequate) post inferred. Be grateful you got replies at all and make a competent post next time. This is the nicest way I can say it because I don't want to be a mean girl and pick on the uneducated members of the scene. Next time you make a help request, give more information and don't be combative when you get (rightly) criticized. I'm not replying anymore since there's better things to do, such as waiting for the heat death of the universe.

Last edited by ArtemisM,

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't link to copyrighted content on GBAtemp. Low-quality bait.

Because it's possible to get great performance with it on O3DS using a SA-1 tuned fork of SNES9X? You probably don't even know what the SA-1 is.

A handful run perfectly fine. I have an official inject for a few puzzle games and they run flawlessly. Generally it's advised not to run official injects on an O3DS, but it is possible.

Based on your responses, this wouldn't be very hard to achieve. Just saying, kiddo. You've displayed next to no understanding about the community, the particulars of injects, and have not contributed a single relevant comment in this thread. You got booty-bothered when you got told that your OP lacked pertinent information and have been argumentative since. Folks responded trying to help based on what your (inadequate) post inferred. Be grateful you got replies at all and make a competent post next time. This is the nicest way I can say it because I don't want to be a mean girl and pick on the uneducated members of the scene. Next time you make a help request, give more information and don't be combative when you get (rightly) criticized. I'm not replying anymore since there's better things to do, such as waiting for the heat death of the universe.
You also can't find one cause none exist. Common sense #1.

Why would I ask how to get perfect snes emulation if I have an old 3ds? Common sense #2.

Puzzle games. lel

Next time you post don't assume stuff.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
You also can't find one cause none exist. Common sense #1.

Why would I ask how to get perfect snes emulation if I have an old 3ds? Common sense #2.

Puzzle games. lel

Next time you post don't assume stuff.

If you're gonna make an incomplete post and then be a dick when people help, offer advice and say valid and well thought arguments then don't even make a post in the first place, solve your stuff by yourself.

If you don't give details we are forced to assume.

Last edited by NFates,

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but that's the thing, why would I ask for perfect super mario rpg emulation if I have an old 3ds? doesn't that game have like some sort of enhancement chip built in the cartridge? I doubt an old 3ds can run it without framerate dips.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
You hadn't said you had an Old model and we can't assume that you know this or that thing. Next time be more patient and don't think people know things beforehand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: from what I understood. you load up the piratged game. you the clear the syscalls, then you play