Homebrew What Emulator do we have for our 3DS homebrew?

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,
after so many days I finally did it! I am able to run homebrew launcher!

1. Now I was thinking what Emulator can I install?
2. What do u have installed on your Homebrew?
3. Is there also a 3DS Emulator for 3ds Homebrew?

4. My next question I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, is there any way to play 3DS Roms on homebrew? If this question is not allowed then pls just ignore it.

And another question which goes to all of you guys. What do u have installed on your Homebrew. How and for what do u use it? :)

Stecker8

Plug
Trophies
Website
www.kernelhack10.3.com
XP
Country
Hey guys,

4. My next question I am not sure if I am allowed to ask this, is there any way to play 3DS Roms on homebrew? If this question is not allowed then pls just ignore it.

And another question which goes to all of you guys. What do u have installed on your Homebrew. How and for what do u use it? :)
1. New or old
2.All of gbatemp homebrew list
3.No
4.No, but you can run romhacks
5a. Go to second answer
5b. Themes, Play Coins, Homebrew Games, Emulators,Romhack

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have a homebrew enabled N3DS there is more of a selection that allows playable framerates. With the O3DS you are limited to only running a few systems at full/playable speeds.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

1: 3DS or N3DS? If 3DS, BlargSnes and GameYob work well. For N3DS, there's some nightly builds of RetroArch that work well and you can try things like mGBA and CitrAGB.
2: Installed on my homebrew? Do you mean what homebrew do I have installed? 3DS side I have BlargSnes, FTP-3DS, CHMM2, Organiz3D, and edpJoy3DS. DS flashcart side I have GameYob, ApprenticeMinusDS, GBA Backup Tool (for my old phat), and Wood Slot-2 Dumper (for my old phat).
3: Why would you need to emulate the 3DS on the 3DS? It already has the 3DS hardware so it doesn't need to emulate the 3DS hardware.
4: Sky3DS or CIAs if you're on 9.2 or earlier.

Reactions: dahood

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
1: 3DS or N3DS? If 3DS, BlargSnes and GameYob work well. For N3DS, there's some nightly builds of RetroArch that work well and you can try things like mGBA and CitrAGB.
2: Installed on my homebrew? Do you mean what homebrew do I have installed? 3DS side I have BlargSnes, FTP-3DS, CHMM2, Organiz3D, and edpJoy3DS. DS flashcart side I have GameYob, ApprenticeMinusDS, GBA Backup Tool (for my old phat), and Wood Slot-2 Dumper (for my old phat).
3: Why would you need to emulate the 3DS on the 3DS? It already has the 3DS hardware so it doesn't need to emulate the 3DS hardware.
pprobably the OP didn't knewed abot the fact that free games are 9.2 only and thinked about an emluator as free game.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France

pprobably the OP didn't knewed abot the fact that free games are 9.2 only and thinked about an emluator as free game.

Or maybe OP was thinking about a way to run 3DS homebrew on their computer, in which case I'd recommend CITRA.
It even begins to run some commercial ROMs, but you'd have to dump them yourself with braindump (or find a way to get decrypted ROMs, but I won't help you on that point).

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Or maybe OP was thinking about a way to run 3DS homebrew on their computer, in which case I'd recommend CITRA.
It even begins to run some commercial ROMs, but you'd have to dump them yourself with braindump (or find a way to get decrypted ROMs, but I won't help you on that point).

AFAIK Braindump's dump doesn't work with Citra

dahood

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I forgot to mention I have the Old 3ds XL. But i am now a lil bil dissapointed. I expected more with having homebrew installed. All i have is an GBA emulator with the name mGBA wich isnt really fast. At least with Mario Kart it had a lot of problems. I am running 10.2.0.28E. I want to use another exploit coz i want to restore my save data for OOTbut. Ironhax installer doesnt work and menuhax doesnt work either. I also have HANS which I dnt know what this is. Someone mentioned we can run romhacks. How? And where did u guys get BlargSnes and gameyob?

Yes it has the 3ds hardware but its not possible to put the roma on sd card and run, is it? So thats why i thought there is maybe a 3ds emulator to run 3ds roms

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Crap, I didn't know...

Until Citra adds support for running games in "braindump format" (if it's even possible; I would think it needs the exheader to know what emulated services to provide, amongst other things), braindump..dumps..aren't that useful for it.

Raffle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I forgot to mention I have the Old 3ds XL. But i am now a lil bil dissapointed. I expected more with having homebrew installed. All i have is an GBA emulator with the name mGBA wich isnt really fast. At least with Mario Kart it had a lot of problems. I am running 10.2.0.28E. I want to use another exploit coz i want to restore my save data for OOTbut. Ironhax installer doesnt work and menuhax doesnt work either. I also have HANS which I dnt know what this is. Someone mentioned we can run romhacks. How? And where did u guys get BlargSnes and gameyob?

i think here you can find everything you need , next time search on google http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

i cant believe no one linked this for you [Tutorial]The Homebrew Launcher Emulators all-in-one Noob's Guide (SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/NES)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
on old 3ds, you're basically limited to retroarchs quicknes for nes, picodrive for sega master system and genesis/mega drive, as well as gameyob for gbc and blargsnes für snes (though only a few games really work without issues)
everything else runs at 50% speed or less and is basically unusable.
there is no and there will most likely never be, a way to play 3ds roms through homebrew.

as for other exploits, i think theres none left for you, oothax is the only thing you can use other than cubic ninja (which is 3times as expensive to buy) to get into homebrew menu so... yeah.
if you're unhappy with what the old 3ds can do, you may or may not decide its not worth the trouble and give up on homebrew. honestly, if it wasn't for the savegame managers, i wouldn't bother with it myself, as a psp can do everything the o3ds does, but better

Games&Stuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drawattack, WhackAMole, Tetris, Killerman and 3DS_Motion are some homebrew games you rlly need to try... And if you like to customize your HBL, mashers' HB Grid Launcher is highly recommended!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?