What else should I do to my Xbox now?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I am aware CDs should be OK but the xbox can be picky about them (at that size it is almost worth sticking them on the xbox drive).
AID should have came with some PC tools, in those these are several multi game per disc making tools.

As for chimp I prefer the PC method but that should be fine. The guide you have there is for 1.0-1.5 xboxes so make sure you have one of them (1.6 guide is linked at the end).

soundbuoy

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You have to take your xbox apart to find out what version it is - well you did back when I stuck an x3 in mine, anyways.. There's a guide on xbox-scene probably, cause there's a guide for everything else up there.

If you have quix on your pc (xiso does this too, but I like quix cuz it's real purty) you can build a multi game disc - there are guides out there, but essentially you have a dashboard (default.xbe) of your choice (a small one is good, like avalaunch or unleashx), a folder called 'games' containing your extracted games (ie not gamex.iso but gamex folder) and a .xml file pointing everything in the right direction - if you find a preconfigured multi game disc dash to dl it'll have this in it.
Then you make an iso outta this using quix and burn away. (Do I need to say that you should only put games in the folder till it's about 4.3 gig? (size of a single sided dvd))
One reason for doing this is that xboxes don't seem to get on well with cdr's.
But then if you put a big f**k off hd in it you won't need to.

Linux is fun to boot up and play with, if yr that way inclined..
Quakes 1,2 & 3 and most of their packs and mods work real good I reckon, as does dosbox and mame (mamex)
Complex tools (for xbox) is good for backing up games to hd.
And xbmc is possibly the best reason for still owning an xbox.

Hope there's something useful for you there.
Have fun.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can upgrade the DVD drive to one that reads CDs, if that's going to be an ongoing problem for you. The default Xbox drives have trouble with CDs, though some were better than others. Plenty of instructions on the net on how to do it. I use an Xecutor 3, and put a 750GB Seagate drive inside. It's the best media centre/emulator machine money can buy. (Although to be fair, the hard drive cost more than I paid for the Xbox
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse