What DVD -R should I get?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Foie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Foie
    OP

Foie That one guy

Jun 15, 2006
    United States
    Clackamas, Oregon
    The verbatim and the imation 16x DVD-R's are both the same price, so I was wondering which to get.

Also, what's the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R?

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    VERBS for LIFE!!!

-r and +r are just different standards. both work eaqually well with my wiikey
    burn speed is more important

3. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    My Imations loaded just fine on a WiiFree 2.6. Of course, so did a Sony DVD+R with booktype DVD-ROM.

4. Lazycus

Lazycus Rotten

Jul 22, 2006
    United States
    My Wii (w/ WiiKey) likes them both (Imation 8X DVD-R and Verbatim 16X DVD-R) as well as some others (DYNEX 16X DVD+R) all burnt at 8X. GameCube backups on RiDATA 4X mini DVD-R burnt at 4X also work perfectly.

Verbatim seem to be the top choice for many based on price and performance with the Wii.

5. JesterDev

JesterDev GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2003
    United States
    So far I've tried Memorex, TDK, HP, OfficeMax, and verbatims and a bunch of other ones with my WiiKey and they all boot just fine for both NGC, and Wii games.

6. EddyB

EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    I use Verbatim +R 16x and burn on 8x, works 100%, when I burn on 16x 0% works

7. pipesfranco

pipesfranco GBAtemp Fan

Nov 6, 2006
    verbatim all the way

8. iori-kyo-k

iori-kyo-k GBAtemp Fan

Feb 17, 2006
    France
    Band Of The Hawks
    I personnally burn Verbatim 16X DVD+R with Nero at 16X, not a single DRE so far with 15 Wii backups.

For GC backup, I burn the same DVD's at 4x with CloneDVD2, Nero adding some bytes at the end of the backup, making it cause a DRE even before being detected in the Wii menu.

Seems DVD-R are more stable and less noisy on Wii from what I read everywhere on the net.

9. Bloodgod

Bloodgod 嵐の王

Mar 25, 2007
    United States
    The 100pack TDK white tops from Costco/Sam's club? That's what I am planning to use cause I still have 130+ DVDr (-) of those

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice