What DS Lite flashcart has the best firmware support?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SF2MJ, Apr 25, 2011.

Apr 25, 2011
  1. SF2MJ
    OP

Newcomer SF2MJ Newbie

I have a DSTT flashcart for my DS Lite. I have noticed that gradually the updated firmware support for this flashcart is becoming less and less. I can't play a lot of the recent games anymore.

Which flashcart has the best firmware support with regular updates?

I have a choice of the following..

Acekard 2

R4 DS

R4 DS Ultra SDHC

Supercard DS One SDHC

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Acekard 2i has the superb AKAIO firmware, unofficial but officially supported by Team Acekard.
    R4DS has the unofficial but incredible Wood R4 firmware, a cousin to the acekard firmware and updates incredibly frequently.
    R4DS Ultra SDHC, like most R4 clones is almost certainly crap and has a good chance of having dead support.
    Supercard DS One is semi-supported since the Supercard Team these days support their DSTwo instead.

3. NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Member NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU Now with extra redundancy!

Australia
    All sound OK. The R4DS is dead, their team stopped support in 2008, so there is no support but wood, which is good, but no backup. The R4 Ultra is good and can run the great AKAIO and YSMenu as well as its official kernel, which is a lot of kernels! Acekard has good official and great unofficial support with AKAIO, and the Supercard DSONE is mow only semi-supported because Team SuperCard are supporting the DSTWO more nowadays, so get the AceKard 2i, it's your best choice, and decided by the best kernel support, second would be the R4 Ultra, with three completely working kernels, because the SuperCard DSONE can only run one kernel, its official one, which is only updated now and again.