Hacking What DS/GBA flashcart devices do YOU have?

Foie

That one guy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread is quite simple. Post a list of all of the DS/GBA flashcart devices you own, and then say which is your favorite.

Here's what I have:

R4 (favorite slot-1)
EZV
EZ4
EZ4 Lite Deluxe (favorite slot-2)
EZ4 Lite Compact
Passcard 3

Memory cards:

2GB Kingston Japan (definite favorite)
1GB Kingston Japan
1GB Sandisk
1GB Ridata MiniSD

What about you?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slot 1
R4
CycloDS Evo
SCDS1 (by far my current favorite)
16G G6 Real
16G DS-Linker
8G DS-Linker

Slot 2
G6 Lite (by far my favorite)
EZIV Lite Deluxe

Microsd's
Kingston(J) 2GB (favorite)
Kingston(J) 1GB
Kingston(T) 1GB
Nokia(J) 1GB
Sandisk 512mb

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is actually in chronological order, I started with GBA then Slot-2 then Slot-1 then added Slot-2 paks.

Slot-2

Extreme Flash Advance; It was for my GBA SP/GameCube Player. Still in my dusty SP.

Ez-Flash IV Lite, Plus a MK4 as a nopass; Now belongs to my g/f, her friends all want a cart now.

Ez-Flash IV Deluxe; Great cart, never had a problem with NDS and while solid with GBA a few bugs in the loader started to get on my nerves.

Slot-1

I ordered both an R4 and an Ez-Flash V as my "back up"; Well, the R4 broke before I could get past the menu. As for the EzV I never had a problem with hardware or software compatibility as long as the save list was up to date. Latest Firmware does away with the list though I already have my next card. I like the SAVE folder but not waiting on the save chip to dump and load every time.

CycloDS Evolution; So easy to use, it's my favorite! Auto DLDI. I like that it saves right to the SD card. I wish there was a SAVE folder though and I'd have liked it to be side loading like the EzV. Compatibility was just a little lacking but they were quick with a firmware update and fixed it. I like the card a lot but I think I like their support even more. Great card for beginner and up.

Memory and Expansion Paks

eWin Exspanion Pak; I got this after I ordered and was still waiting for my 3n1. The EEP is SO easy! With the auto DLDI patching of the Cyclo I don't have to patch a thing! BEST expansion pak for beginners.

Ez-Flash 3n1 Pak; Finally came and I like it well enough, more so for what the homebrew people have been able to do with it like rom and save dumping.

... yeah so right now for Slot-1 I'm only using my CycloDS Evolution and for Slot-2 I'm mostly using the eWin but still playing with the 3n1 to see if rumble and GBA frames and maybe slightly better battery life and all is really worth the cons of slow switching of roms, patching and so on.

MicroSD cards

SanDisk 1GB; Now in my Wii.
SanDisk 2GB; My g/f has it.
Kingston 1GB Japan; Was for my EZ4Dx, it worked as fine and fast as it could. I keep it around in case I need it for POR.
RIDATA 2GB; Actually a much better card then I though it would be. Much better then the 2GB SanDisk.
Kingston SDHC 4GB Japan

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ones I have:

R4
CycloDS Evo
Supercard Lite
G6 Lite

Ones ive sold off:

DSXtreme
EZV
3-in-1 Expansion
Supercard Rumble Lite
M3 Simply
M3 Lite
G6 Real

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only have 2: (both with Kingston 1GB Japan)
R4 (favorite)
M3 Lite Perfect

Thinking of getting either a CycloDS Evo or an Acekard RPG next, along with a Kingston 4GB microSDHC.

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
Superkey in slot 1
Supercard lite in slit to, with 1 GB micro sd Kingston

Sold off
Supercard SD

as you can see, I'm a bit of a supercard fanboy
biggrin.gif
....but only a bit

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just flashed my DS
biggrin.gif
(sorry, I just needed to post this
tongue.gif
)

I have a M3 Simply, a M3 Lite (which I use in both my DS Phat and GBA) and an Ewin2 MiniSD (which I... don't really use at all
tongue.gif
).

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
PassCard 3 + G6 Lite (3rd Gen) 512mg.
only complain is corruption and not get detected by windows that sometimes killed my save games, but its been good in this like 10months that i used it, like 4, 5 or 6 times corruption, thats all. and good updates from G6 team. (fast updates for killer games). (hope they come up with something for TOny HAwk proving grounds). (it is one of expensive solutions after all).

Hope G6 Team dont forget us G6 Lite users so soon with updates.
they would stop updates and force us to buy a slot-1, but they didnt!

the 512mg size? hahaha. i found that the less space you have, youll play more games! since you'll focus more on less games!

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Flashcard:
R4 DS, 1st generation
M3 Perfect Lite
SuperCard Lite Rumble
EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion Pak
eWin Expansion Pak

Flash Advance 128M Turbo (Visoly)

SuperKey
DS Dummy Card

Flashcard sold:
G6 Lite
DS-Xtreme

MicroSD:
1GB Sandisk Ultra II
1GB Kingston Japan
1GB Kingston Japan
2GB Kingston Japan
1GB Trancend
512MB Sandisk

and a dozen of MicroSD readers from DealExteme.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GBAMP CF V2.
M3 CF.
EZFlash 4 miniSD.
Max Media Launcher. It was the cheapest Passme around at the time.

512 MB miniSD,
cca 12 GB in CF cards and Microdrives
happy.gif

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flash2Advance Pro 256M
R4DS
Patriot 1GB MicroSD
Kingston 1GB MicroSD (J) (x2)
EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion

I got a lot of use out of the old Flash2Advance, but I always had weird save loss issues when playing on the DS that never manifested on the GB Player / GBA. Weird. I only know of one other case where someone had this issue, and no one seemed to know what causes it.

Given that I had picked up an R4, the 3-in-1 was a no-brainer. Great, great pickup, and now, my F2A is kind of gathering dust. And I paid a LOT less for it than I did for the F2A. In fact, I paid less for everything in the above list than I did for the F2A...

The R4 rocks. End of story. I've saved so much money not buying games that turned out to be crappy (despite reviews). I still buy them, but it's nice to have an outlet to try out the games beforehand. It's saved me a purchase of Children / Heroes of Mana, Magical Starsign, Lunar (although those were some BAD reviews), and many others. And it convinced me to go ahead and pick up Zelda, as the stylus controls weren't completely broken as one would have expected.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
flash cart

f2a 64mb (my first flash cart)
f2a 256mb pro
super card sd (my favorite never gonna change)

mem card

san disk 1gb (favorite weird i know the smallest is my fav note: the smallest one holds all the new games and the games i haven't gotten tired of yet while 2gb holds gba games and unbeaten games)
san disk 2gb

i
wub.gif
san disk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.