Hacking What ds flashcards work on new 2ds xl ?

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's true I'm mainly planning to get the flashcard for playing ds games,but,weren't timebombs bypassed by changing system time ? Or was that just fake ?
Either way,I don't really have many options as to which flashcard I can get.
R4I Revolution R4I Gold Pro
R4I Revolution R4I Gold 3DS Revolution SDHC Compatible
are my other choices,which,I believe aren't compatible (as it is written in the shop's website)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's true I'm mainly planning to get the flashcard for playing ds games,but,weren't timebombs bypassed by changing system time ? Or was that just fake ?
Either way,I don't really have many options as to which flashcard I can get.
R4I Revolution R4I Gold Pro
R4I Revolution R4I Gold 3DS Revolution SDHC Compatible
are my other choices,which,I believe aren't compatible (as it is written in the shop's website)
Which R4i Gold 3DS?

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The shop's site also has vague tittles,so I didn't notice I made that mistake
judging from what I see,I'm not even entirely sure if they are the cards that are noted but,I can't do anything else at the momment,I'll contact them when possible.
R4I Gold 3ds (r4ids.cn)
R4I Gold 3ds (r4i-3ds.com)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He wants to play DS ROMs. He will use it more than once.
"Can I use these cards to play ds games on the new 2ds?"
but his flashcards show up and have an error so if he installs cfw he can get them to function again and use his old flashcards . . . so with this route he will only need it once (not to mention he only needs to change the consoles date to ignore the "timebomb") R4iSDHC GOLD Pro 20XX

otherwise get a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS-card.com
but if you absolutely dont want cfw but want the best flashcard then get a scds2+ (and just ignore the gateway plugin [and or freegame plugin])

Reactions: Quantumcat

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
but his flashcards show up and have an error so if he installs cfw he can get them to function again and use his old flashcards . . . so with this route he will only need it once (not to mention he only needs to change the consoles date to ignore the "timebomb") R4iSDHC GOLD Pro 20XX

otherwise get a R4i GOLD 3DS RTS-card.com
but if you absolutely dont want cfw but want the best flashcard then get a scds2+ (and just ignore the gateway plugin [and or freegame plugin])
It's not like I'm strongly against using CFW I'd just like my New Console to stay ''pure''.Though the main reason I purchased it was to have lots of games portable,so I will eventually install CFW later on (even though it'll be a long time since I think that noone is working on exploits currently)
Just for the info,is there any way to get into homebrew on version 11.4>= ? (I know it's not possible to install CFW without buying a compatible flashcard,I'm just asking for solely Homebrew and apps)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the info,is there any way to get into homebrew on version 11.4>= ? (I know it's not possible to install CFW without buying a compatible flashcard,I'm just asking for solely Homebrew and apps)
as in a free way . . . ? . . . (unless you already have the required game) no
here is the list of known 3ds homebrew exploits Homebrew Exploits - 3dbrew

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This question is probably dumb but,I have a Sticker Star cartridge with the save exploit inserted,will it work if I add the homebrew files on the 3ds' sd ?

Last edited by SwaGoat,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as in a free way . . . ? . . . (unless you already have the required game) no
here is the list of known 3ds homebrew exploits
This question is probably dumb but,I have a Sticker Star cartridge with the save exploit inserted,will it work if I add the homebrew files on the 3ds' sd ?
nope you will need to use a 3ds that already has homebrew access to set up the gamecard via the exploit installer . . . then it will work how you want it to

edit sorry wrong quote

2nd edit wait what do you mean by "with the save exploit inserted" does the gamecard already have the exploit installed if so then yes you just need the files from The Homebrew Launcher - 3DS

Last edited by wormdood,

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nope you will need to use a 3ds that already has homebrew access to set up the gamecard via the exploit installer . . . then it will work how you want it to
The gamecard is already set up (? if you mean the save file) but when I open it,it ''crashes'' the game saying ''searching for target... - the home menu ropbin is ready'' and there it goes back to the home menu ( I have no SD inserted)
Sorry if I'm taking this too far,I'd just like to know if I have even the slightest chance to have homebrew for free,temporarily,at least)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gamecard is already set up (? if you mean the save file) but when I open it,it ''crashes'' the game saying ''searching for target... - the home menu ropbin is ready''
homebrew starter kit unzip this to your sd root and download the ropbin file that matches your console and fw The Homebrew Launcher - 3DS unzip it to the sd root and your good to go :yay:

Reactions: Quantumcat

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
unzip the ropbin file ? Is that possible ? (I tried that method on the old 3ds and it didn't work,I'm now trying to do it on the new 2ds)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unzip the ropbin file ? Is that possible ?
sorry i was assuming it came zipped (i have not set "homebrew" up in years) just place it on the root but if the ropbin does not work try the otherapp payload
(I tried that method on the old 3ds and it didn't work,I'm now trying to do it on the new 2ds)
i can assure you it works Update 11.6 and Homebrew
make sure you have the correct 3ds model, fw, and region when downloading

Last edited by wormdood,

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
tried both otherapp and ropbin,but no luck.Can't explain why,can't sent a photo/video either

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The cheapest card, maybe Ace3ds plus, in many sites, it is sold at $9 to $10.
It's my fault for not updating this,but I don't have many options as to which flashcard I can buy,I listed them above.
I only have 3 choices,which are all r4(i) brands

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just want to play ds games on a 3ds

1) r4i Gold r4ids.cn website on cart sticker. best cart overall for that, if you can afford it
2) ace3ds+ (cheaper, decent firmware)
3) r4isdhc.com.cn cart (NOT one without the .CN! this is same as ace3ds+)

If you also want to hax.

1) r4i gold 3ds Plus of you are willing to crack the shell open
2) ak2i (will work on your hacked 3ds after hacking for DS games)
3) r4i gold if you want to flash.
4) ace3ds X If you are not willing to flash OR open the case.

r4i-sdhc.com and r4isdhc.com carts both have timebomb, do not buy unless you just want to hax with one, then buy the cheapest you can find

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1