What drugs have you tried? How were they?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by GhostLatte, Aug 9, 2019.

1. GhostLatte
    OP

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Exactly. Smoking anything is absolutely horrible for the lungs, which is why I use a vape. Edibles are the safest.

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Vape is not safest, lol. Look at the bottle for Vape: "Warning: This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical." :creep: Yeah, my brother use it and he believed it is safest but his bottle say otherwise, lol.

Redhorse and DeoNaught like this.
  3. GhostLatte
    OP

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    I vape marijuana.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I guess some people lose control with alcohol...
    I've never really consumed drugs other than alcohol.

Well, some prescribed drugs perhaps but not in a recreational way, anyway clonazepam is really soothing.
    Also, I've never consumed mj on my own, but sure I have been together in a closed environment with college friends that were smoking it, enough to get high just from shared air, also soothing tbh.

Not too much into this anyway. But soothing is nice.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, Aug 10, 2019
    MicmasH_Wii likes this.
  5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    However, you still inhale "smoke cloud" anyway. :)

Some people loses control over alcohol and some people lose control over marijuana as well. Anything like that aren't healthy.

Redhorse likes this.
  6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    no, I never smoke that. I don't feel attracted to test things out.
    drug doesn't appeal to me, and I'm fine like that. but then, I don't know what you feel and why it would be "better".

if you don't act differently, feel differently, lose your mind, see things, then what's the point except losing your money? it's just because it's illegal and it's fun doing dangerous things?

MicmasH_Wii likes this.
  7. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I've had gas and air and morphine after I dislocated my shoulder about three years ago. The Morphine made me fall asleep, the gas, however, was fucking balling.

MythicalData likes this.
  8. NoNAND

NoNAND Taint thy NAND with Homebrew!

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    Pathetic. I don't see it why would a drug make someone feel better.
    That's just a temporary solution to a permament problem.
    Now i know that not everyone who's depressed relies on drugs tl feel better and there are people who resort to them purely out of curiosity or peer pressure (among teens particularly) so that they can be accepted into their friend group and look like the "cool kid" or something.
    That's even dumber imo
    Be it drugs alcohol or smoking i can't stand them. Just the smell of booze and smoking are enough to trigger my anger.

Redhorse, DSSP, Quantumcat and 2 others like this.
  9. RaptorDMG

RaptorDMG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Stirling
    My drugs are caffeine (I love diet colas) and fresh air and exercise afterall if I ever feel down I can walk my dog and feel better

Redhorse likes this.
  10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Oh... yeah, caffeine is a drug.
    Then I am a drug addict, and it really makes you feel happier, unless your coffee was brewed burnt.

Redhorse and MicmasH_Wii like this.
  11. Stwert

Stwert GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Stwert is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 6, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Scotland
    On the record? None, not a one, terrible things..... Off the record? Man, there’s not enough space on here to go through that list.

Ryccardo likes this.
  12. GhostLatte
    OP

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Exactly. There even some studies that suggest than weed is less addictive than caffeine.

13. MicmasH_Wii

MicmasH_Wii Everybody's favorite snow leopard

Jul 18, 2019
    United States
    Pixel Joint
    Anime isn't cringey, just a different culture's entertainment.
    I agree, drugs aren't the solution.
    You can get "high" naturally by doing things, like listening to music, playing games and, there's this one guy that gets it from showing people his fox pictures. Drugs are just a waste of life, you can escape from depression without drugs OR suicide, you just gotta be willing to try new things.
    Not judging you guys, but not the best thing to be doing (although things like poppies and marijuana are natural drugs, their there for a reason. Cancer patient's going through chemo is one of the best uses for marijuana, poppies have painkillers in them)

Last edited by MicmasH_Wii, Aug 11, 2019
  14. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Alcohol, weed, eventually gets boring once you are used to.

Also some random stuff from the pharmacy a few years ago because I was an idiot. I wouldn't be surprised some permanent things happened.

15. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Tylenol with Codeine 3. It made me feel really happy, and I suddenly wanted to go outside, and go do random outdoor things, like take a walk, or go shopping. It made me feel super alive and active! It was for a tooth abscess, and wisdom teeth removal. The dentists I went to kept throwing the shit at me.

Then after a while, the pain went away, and I still found my self taking my medicine, because I had so many. I Googled if it was normal, and learned I was becoming mentally addicted to pain killers, and I threw the pills out, lol. Addiction is scary, you sometimes don't even know you're addicted, until you look it up.

Oh, and how were they? They were great! I wish I could still take them, but, yeah, I don't want to get addicted.

Last edited by Viri, Aug 12, 2019
    VinsCool likes this.
  16. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    @Subtle Demise this is right up your way my dude.

As for me, I don't know anything about the pills and drugs. :rolleyes:

WeedZ and Subtle Demise like this.
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Only drugs I've ever done were in controlled situations, after eye surgery and wisdom teeth removal, had Percoset both times. Yes, it felt amazing and I slept well those nights, but after that, yeah, no opiods again.

18. mesakagi

mesakagi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2018
    United States
    I'm sorry but is it bad if I find this post funny as heck?

NVM Edited, deleted.

Last edited by mesakagi, Aug 12, 2019
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  19. Uiaad

Uiaad GBATemp's resident guinea pig

Dec 23, 2008
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom
    If memory serves me Tylenol 3 is a 15/500 mg codeine/paracetamol (Acetaminophen), currently I'm taking 2 30/500mg ( known over there as Tylenol 4 ?) 4 times a day plus a small amount of morphine if/when things get really bad, although that really is a last resort and try not to take it if I can avoid it. And this has been going on now for what, year and a half for so and I can say that its never made me happy. It just completely slows down my thinking and just dulls my senses. Does it take away the pain ? some of it, but I'm always in pain pretty much every second of every day. At most it allows me sit up and not be able to concentrate on anything, and for someone like me who always likes to be doing something it really is a living hell.

Things are getting better tho at least in a limited fashion, this is the first month I've tried using CBD oil ( actually vaping it ) and it does seem to be having positive effect. The pain hasn't been quite so bad and i have been able to cut down a little on the cocodamol. Problem here tho is that I cant get CBD on prescription, evidently i don't qualify for it, so this limits me on how much i can actually buy, which isnt really a lot.

Every one is a drug addict to some degree. Sugar is a drug, a very widely sociably acceptable drug that no one actually considers a drug.

20. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Nothing. Never been trash enough to need to alter my reality to enjoy life. I guess if you're boring, drugs are a great option.

NoNAND and VinsCool like this.