Gaming what does it mean to NUKE a release?

popopola

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does that mean that one of the files is corrupted?

I have a banned xbox right now, but I want to play ff13. Could I still play the nuked version?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It means for whatever reason the release is bad by scene standards. Sometimes it's just stupid things (no compression, rars wrong size etc), but release would work fine, other times it's because the release is bad.

Final Fantasy is nuked for anydvd corruption, so it's unsafe for live. Depending where the corruption is, the game could work fine or it could error out at some point during the game. Best to just wait for the repack.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I'm banned so I've been playing it. Working fine so far.
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Others have already taken it but I thought I would throw something in.

Scene rules (probably outdated a bit now, I will see about finding some/the new ones) are included with most of the lastest 360 releases posts but have a read if you want:
http://pix.gbatemp.net/32303/XBOX360.Relea...2007.v1.340.png

ABGX360 also has a bunch of good info on the various problems associated with rips in the startup tab.
For this case stealing that info and posting it here:

QUOTE said:
AnyDVD is an app that runs in the background to remove DVD video protections on the fly. This is a nice feature when playing or ripping protected DVD movies but it causes problems when ripping Xbox 360 games because the video data (and possibly game data) will be altered in a way that is detectable on Xbox Live. Altered video will be easily detected and fixed because abgx360 knows which video partition (and matching PFI) your game should have based on the timestamp of authoring in the SS, and it knows what the CRC of that data should be. However, AnyDVD has also been observed to cause corruption in the game partition. If corruption occurs in an actual file in the game data, it could result in the game crashing or reporting an error when playing that backup. If it occurs in the random padding in between files, the corruption will not affect gameplay but could be detectable on Xbox Live. abgx360 looks for AnyDVD style corruption in the game data whenever the game CRC is checked by simply searching for "DVDVIDEO-" at the start of every sector (it was observed that video files inserted by AnyDVD always begin with either "DVDVIDEO-VTS" or "DVDVIDEO-VMG"). abgx360 is unable to fix game data corruption because it has no way to know what the data should be; it only knows what the resulting CRC should be (assuming a verified ini was found for that game) and the only way to fix bad game data is with a PPF. Other forms of game data corruption unrelated to AnyDVD (for example: single bit errors commonly caused by unstable CPU/RAM) will only be detected if abgx360 can find a verified ini and your game CRC doesn't match.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.