DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp means to me a community of people who generally(although not exclusively) enjoy video games/other aspects of computer tech. There are so many forum categories its hard to pigeon hole everyone into a certain group and I wouldn't want to either. That's the best part of the 'temp the variety and for the most part people behave and have fun!

edit: I also openly say thanks to all who have helped me here one way or another! Also a special shout out to Schlupi, you da man!

Reactions: 3 people

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before 2009: Actually underground, smart people, less social, more about the subject matter the site is dedicated to.
2009 _ Present: Huge amount of new users compared to earlier years, much more social and off topic IMO, IMO it's the most mainstream Nintendo hacking site on the net. I wouldn't call it an underground gaming community!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lurked for years.
Have gained some knowledge on console hacking from it and discovered a lot of homebrew.

After I signed up to help people with hacking etc it became my 2nd home basicaly~
I'm 24/7 active in the shoutbox:wub:

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lurked for years.
Have gained some knowledge on console hacking from it and discovered a lot of homebrew.

After I signed up to help people with hacking etc it became my 2nd home basicaly~
I'm 24/7 active in the shoutbox:wub:
Pretty much the same as this except the shoutbox part. I'd like to think of myself as one of the helpful members (at least outside the EoF).

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I place to watch people bicker. I use it for current news. (Which is where you find most of it.) Sell a few things on the trading forum, and help people out if I can. (Unless someone else more knowledgeable in the field of the question is looking at the thread, I'll let them answer it. Expand on it if needed.) The Temp is a soup so to speak of news, releases, and debates. I could go without the debates, but it's really my only "go to" site for current news.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's a place for me to come read news, reviews ,and opinoins on things game and tech related, sell / trade game related items and maybe make a few friends on the side. I also like to give back when I can by either donations like for the Homebrew bounty or giving things away to members.

It's also a sweet place to read stupid fanboy bickering. :P

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I subscribe to the USN so I mainly come here for the random news, and poking around the various DS/3DS/Wii forums.
Also, I love the arguments.

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a place for me to come read news, reviews ,and opinoins on things game and tech related, sell / trade game related items and maybe make a few friends on the side. I also like to give back when I can by either donations like for the Homebrew bounty or giving things away to members.

It's also a sweet place to read stupid fanboy bickering. :P

yes 431unknown your one of the more awesome members, I'm still grateful and give thanks for you giving me a ps1 mem card for free(shipping included). I'll always remember that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been my only community since pretty much my old one died. My old community (PvXwiki, a Guild Wars dedicated Wiki) eventually sunk and I lost interest in Guild Wars. GBAtemp just came up and I've been here ever since.

On one hand I hate a lot of people here. I'm not gonna hide it. I find there's a lot of groups I don't like that are incredibly dominant here. Furries, bronies, weaboos, diehards, and I find a lot of peoples' taste here terrible.

But there's still a lot of people I like. The moderating staff is all really great, and there's your emigres, your prowlers, your PGs, so on and so forth. Plus even if I end up disagreeing with a bunch of people, at least arguing all this gives me something to do.

Plus I hate going through the process of joining a new forum. I spent god-knows how many years here, building up a reputation, climbing the ranks. I'd hate to throw that away and start from scratch. At least here when I comment they know the whole "Guild" situation. My sense of humor, my opinions, inside jokes, things like that. Building this again takes years I don't want to waste.

But yeah, for all its flaws, impurities, and issues, I still love the site and I doubt I'll be leaving (at least willingly) any time soon.

EDIT: Side note: My username is NOT related to Guild Wars.

Reactions: 4 people

DigitalDeviant

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its been my only community since pretty much my old one died. My old community (PvXwiki, a Guild Wars dedicated Wiki) eventually sunk and I lost interest in Guild Wars. GBAtemp just came up and I've been here ever since.

On one hand I hate a lot of people here. I'm not gonna hide it. I find there's a lot of groups I don't like that are incredibly dominant here. Furries, bronies, weaboos, diehards, and I find a lot of peoples' taste here terrible.

But there's still a lot of people I like. The moderating staff is all really great, and there's your emigres, your prowlers, your PGs, so on and so forth. Plus even if I end up disagreeing with a bunch of people, at least arguing all this gives me something to do.

Plus I hate going through the process of joining a new forum. I spent god-knows how many years here, building up a reputation, climbing the ranks. I'd hate to throw that away and start from scratch. At least here when I comment they know the whole "Guild" situation. My sense of humor, my opinions, inside jokes, things like that. Building this again takes years I don't want to waste.

But yeah, for all its flaws, impurities, and issues, I still love the site and I doubt I'll be leaving (at least willingly) any time soon.

EDIT: Side note: My username is NOT related to Guild Wars.

Awesome people make the site, I like reading your opinions Guild.

edit: what do you mean by since "I died" are you a zombie!!! is the apocalypse upon us???

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think of it as an awesome community. While the people can be a bit silly, I enjoy talking and debating with each and every one of you. I find myself being one of the few members to never harbor harsh feelings and give dues when they're due. The mods here are cool too. I almost never see any abuse of power, and they're people just like everyone else.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much, anymore. The opinions of others are constantly trashed and just plain disrespected more times than I'd like, as well as a disrespect for certain lifestyles and interests, even by higher ranking members (when it comes to opinions as well) in some cases, which is pretty disappointing. Some people can be rather harsh to new members, and the attitude of various members just bugs me. (There's probably more, but that's it off the top of my head.)

*Sigh* But, there are also a lot of people that are great here. The EoF members are fun, for the most part. The community as a whole is filled with diverse and intelligent members, which is also nice. Plus, this place is a great news hub, and it's entertaining.

Reactions: 8 people

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much, anymore. The opinions of others are constantly trashed and just plain disrespected more times than I'd like, as well as a disrespect for certain lifestyles and interests, even by higher ranking members (when it comes to opinions as well) in some cases, which is pretty disappointing. Some people can be rather harsh to new members, and the attitude of various members just bugs me. (There's probably more, but that's it off the top of my head.)

*Sigh* But, there are also a lot of people that are great here. The EoF members are fun, for the most part. The community as a whole is filled with diverse and intelligent members, which is also nice. Plus, this place is a great news hub, and it's entertaining.
Just don't let it get to you. The internet is a strange place, and the people using it can be completely stupid.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Piracy. Lurked here for a long time looking for flashcart things. For game titles to pirate. And for other mod/piracy/upgrade/whatever.

Now, I always come here because I want to pirate things. Did I mention piracy already? Lol
Love being here because news are somewhat interesting. And ppl love to squat other ppl's opinions.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp (when I first joined) was a place to get a bunch of info on the (then) new gba flashcarts. When the phat Nintendo DS came out, we soon saw the NDS passcards and there was a bunch of info here about it. I stuck around about a year then left. When I came back 3 years later, it was so different (in good and bad ways). So much stuff was added, like lots of gaming news not related to piracy, new boards, and new people. Other than the elitist problem some seem to have, it has been more or less the place to discuss stuff related to gaming and electronics. I actually befriended some people on these forums through steam and xbox live. Overall Gbatemp is the "go-to" place when I feel like discussing gaming, picking up some hacks for ds games, or learning about something new in the world of gaming.

Also I think it's cool how every console/computer/handheld boards have their own experts and gurus on the subjects there. That's a very good quality of this site imo.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
GBAtemp has been a big part of my life since 2002, so it means a lot.
I have made some great friends with it, some people that I've met "IRL" (Shaun, mthrnite, Little, Thug4L1f3...)
I have dedicated countless hours to building the site, animating the community, managing the staff, adding new features to the site
And most importantly I spend a lot of time keeping the site up (server maintenance, security, backups, paying bills)
I tend to take criticism and attacks on gbatemp and its community a bit too personal, but I guess I shouldn't

Reactions: 6 people
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This thread makes me feel like a mod/admin should make it to a sticky.

GBAtemp means alot to me. I have joined this forum around 2011 in September, but way before, I always checked the forum around. I had a fear to join back then, but realizing how people here seem/look very generous, I joined months later.

Anyway, GBAtemp means entertainment, and a really clear and a forum for all of my needs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: