Hacking What does a the right NAND Backup file of a 3ds look like I need to do a Hard mod

3dsprobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get a CFW on my 3ds and when i got to Decrypt9 i accedently backed up sysNANDmin.bin insted of NANDmin.bin after making the first backup i realized where i messed up and tried to make a NANDmin.bin backup it started the backup the second time and said there was not enough storage i pressed A and it continued, i tried to finish and my 3ds is now bricked. I am left with 3 files that might be applicable for a hard mod sysNANDmin.bin sysNANDmin.bin.sha and NANDmin.bin although the last file may not have been finished. PLZ HELP I love my 3ds

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
WHat? NAND.bin and sysNAND.bin are the same? Unless you backed up a emunand as NAND.bin?

Can you still boot into Dec9/Hourglass9? Use a different sd card for the backup.. you can use sysnand.bin and carry on with the guide

Reactions: 3dsprobs

3dsprobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHat? NAND.bin and sysNAND.bin are the same? Unless you backed up a emunand as NAND.bin?

Can you still boot into Dec9/Hourglass9? Use a different sd card for the backup.. you can use sysnand.bin and carry on with the guide
my 3ds ended up being bricked i want to hard mod it is sysNANDmin.bin the correct file to do a hard mod the file size is 1.3 gb and the NANDmin.bin is 0 bytes

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If that happened what you described you were doing a backup (which successfully finished?), then tried making another backup with a different name but your SD ran out of space. This doesn't brick a 3DS.

On a side note.. why did Plailect remove the NAND sizes page https://3ds.guide/nand-size ? It was helpful to determine whether a NAND backup is complete.

Reactions: 3dsprobs

3dsprobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the screen

Attachments

• IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 294
Reactions: Quantumcat

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you only attempt to make backups, and not a CTRtransfer? If so, the 3DS may be complaining because you're out of space on the SD card.

Copy/move the sysNANDmin.bin file from the SD card to your computer and try again. You might also want to try it with the SD card removed.

Also, the NAND dump function provides several options for the filename. They don't affect the output of the file at all. I'm not sure why anyone would think that the filename has some bearing on the contents of the file, but then again, I routinely see people asking for a utility to open up ".bin files".

3dsprobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't look good... but... Decrypt9 is only writing to the SD card, it can't have hurt your system. Let us know the results with a new SD card.
I went on with the CFW installation without knowing if i had the right backup rather carelessly i might add i didnt pay close attention to where i was putting the files my DS actually worked for a day but wouldn't enter settings or update then it just started showing the message

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went on with the CFW installation without knowing if i had the right backup rather carelessly i might add i didnt pay close attention to where i was putting the files my DS actually worked for a day but wouldn't enter settings or update then it just started showing the message
What happens if you try starting the system with no SD card?

3dsprobs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you successfully install A9LH? If so, make sure Luma3DS's arm9loaderhax.bin is on the SD card, put it back in the system, and hold SELECT while turning it on. Does Luma's configuration appear?
im just gonna say that looking back i messed up alot of stuff basicly everything after ctrtransfter was done incorrectly i fougot to unzip files and just generally was really dumb about it i didnt really see the outcome this negative i thought it would just mess up and i could start over i was suuuper wrong i don't think theirs much to be done besides a hard mod

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get a CFW on my 3ds and when i got to Decrypt9 i accedently backed up sysNANDmin.bin insted of NANDmin.bin after making the first backup i realized where i messed up and tried to make a NANDmin.bin backup it started the backup the second time and said there was not enough storage i pressed A and it continued, i tried to finish and my 3ds is now bricked. I am left with 3 files that might be applicable for a hard mod sysNANDmin.bin sysNANDmin.bin.sha and NANDmin.bin although the last file may not have been finished. PLZ HELP I love my 3ds
the .sha is to verify that sysnand.bin isnt dead. if its ok, then you can hardmod

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.