What does a the right NAND Backup file of a 3ds look like I need to do a Hard mod

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 3dsprobs, Feb 8, 2017.

1. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I was trying to get a CFW on my 3ds and when i got to Decrypt9 i accedently backed up sysNANDmin.bin insted of NANDmin.bin after making the first backup i realized where i messed up and tried to make a NANDmin.bin backup it started the backup the second time and said there was not enough storage i pressed A and it continued, i tried to finish and my 3ds is now bricked. I am left with 3 files that might be applicable for a hard mod sysNANDmin.bin sysNANDmin.bin.sha and NANDmin.bin although the last file may not have been finished. PLZ HELP I love my 3ds

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    WHat? NAND.bin and sysNAND.bin are the same? Unless you backed up a emunand as NAND.bin?

Can you still boot into Dec9/Hourglass9? Use a different sd card for the backup.. you can use sysnand.bin and carry on with the guide

3dsprobs likes this.
  3. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    my 3ds ended up being bricked i want to hard mod it is sysNANDmin.bin the correct file to do a hard mod the file size is 1.3 gb and the NANDmin.bin is 0 bytes

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I don't think you're bricked. Get a new SD card and copy Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin into it.

3dsprobs likes this.
  5. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    when i turn on my 3ds it just gives me an error message and tells me to turn it off

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What about when you do what I suggested?

3dsprobs and proflayton123 like this.
  7. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Picture of the error message you get?

3dsprobs likes this.
  8. Aglaophotis

Aglaophotis GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2017
    Germany
    If that happened what you described you were doing a backup (which successfully finished?), then tried making another backup with a different name but your SD ran out of space. This doesn't brick a 3DS.

On a side note.. why did Plailect remove the NAND sizes page https://3ds.guide/nand-size ? It was helpful to determine whether a NAND backup is complete.

3dsprobs likes this.
  9. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    This is the screen

Attached Files:

Quantumcat likes this.
  10. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    3dsprobs likes this.
  11. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It doesn't look good... but... Decrypt9 is only writing to the SD card, it can't have hurt your system. Let us know the results with a new SD card.

12. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Did you only attempt to make backups, and not a CTRtransfer? If so, the 3DS may be complaining because you're out of space on the SD card.

Copy/move the sysNANDmin.bin file from the SD card to your computer and try again. You might also want to try it with the SD card removed.

Also, the NAND dump function provides several options for the filename. They don't affect the output of the file at all. I'm not sure why anyone would think that the filename has some bearing on the contents of the file, but then again, I routinely see people asking for a utility to open up ".bin files".

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    I went on with the CFW installation without knowing if i had the right backup rather carelessly i might add i didnt pay close attention to where i was putting the files my DS actually worked for a day but wouldn't enter settings or update then it just started showing the message

14. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    What happens if you try starting the system with no SD card?

Quantumcat likes this.
  15. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    same thing

16. GerbilSoft

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
    Did you successfully install A9LH? If so, make sure Luma3DS's arm9loaderhax.bin is on the SD card, put it back in the system, and hold SELECT while turning it on. Does Luma's configuration appear?

3dsprobs likes this.
  17. 3dsprobs
    OP

3dsprobs Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    im just gonna say that looking back i messed up alot of stuff basicly everything after ctrtransfter was done incorrectly i fougot to unzip files and just generally was really dumb about it i didnt really see the outcome this negative i thought it would just mess up and i could start over i was suuuper wrong i don't think theirs much to be done besides a hard mod

18. proflayton123

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    3dsprobs likes this.
  19. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    the .sha is to verify that sysnand.bin isnt dead. if its ok, then you can hardmod

20. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Sounds like you need a hardmod, is your nand backup valid?

3dsprobs likes this.