What do YOU want to see on GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Opium, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Gnat

Gnat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2003
    Belgium
    Belgium
    As mentioned by others:
    1) NDS game screens (like in offline list)
    2) Listing of nds howebrew with screens; either link to the author page or host here
    3) overview of settings to patch nds roms on the various cards, probably a b*tch to maintain but searchig the answer in the game topic is often chaotic
    4) rating system for nds games

2. Akoji

Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Nov 8, 2002
    Canada
    lachine qc. canada
    Okay HugeCock , you idea is pretty stupid , im sorry for not being 18 and + but i think that i don't act like a stupid kid , and i know a lot of people here who are bellow 18 and act like civilized humans.

So then i think we should also ban people with some stupid and ''mature'' name like yours , wow hugecock , here a glass of grog for your ''matureness'' [​IMG]

Oh and i second the homebrew database , and the rating system for DS games.

3. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    hey hey hey!!! >:( I'm not +18, but I'm kool with the forums............ I just like tacos... [​IMG]

4. Akoji

Akoji +5 internets to psyfira for avatar.

Nov 8, 2002
    Canada
    lachine qc. canada
    honestly i think that you should start making usefull post and stop posting about tacos , could bring you some Warn % , Costello already said that wasn't in the Test board and that he wanted some usefull post.

5. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    im just saying the 18+ rule will screw over the community...

taco

6. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Just a thought; wouldn't hosting homebrew downloads here either
    a) Piss off the developers, or
    b) Be a nightmare to keep up-to-date as apps are revised?
    Maybe I've misunderstood the suggestion, but maybe it'd be better to have the database contain just a list of homebrew apps, a description of what they do and with links to the developer's sites (meaning the downloads would be done from those sites, not directly from GBATemp and hence keeping all readmes / useful info in the same place too)

7. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    That would be nice too, but sometimes the developers site, are either really slow, or links are broken ion some cases, so we would have to mirror them, they'll probley have to 'hire' a seperate member to keep up with the Homebrew section if we are going to have one.

I just hope they do my works on idea with the different flash carts, and people can select if the game works on theirs, that would be an ideal thing and you wouldn't have to maintain it as much as a database.

8. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    thats why I'm thinking only keep track of the best of each kind of topic. like heres what I was thinkin:

[ROM Trimmers] - 4 matches found! (< where "ROM Trimmers" is a search box/dropbox or something

9. Calogero91

Calogero91 Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.

Dec 8, 2002
    Canada
    Make something like My GBAtemp, thats completely customizable. For example only seeing posts from sections you want to see in the homepage, just nds releases rather than GBA and, "fake" Wii releases.

10. Julee

Julee GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2005
    Canada
    what GBAtemp needs is more girls. I would blame the guys here for never letting their ladies on but..who are we kidding, you guys dont have girlfriends [​IMG]

Nah, the sites fine as is. Newsletter could be cool, and the homebrew section aint a bad idea.

11. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    hay hay hay! girls just dont find me appealing... [​IMG] [​IMG] who am I kidding, you girls probably dont have boyfriends, and if you do, their not really boys. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I second that newzletter! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Deleted_11405

Deleted_11405 Newbie

lol just what i wanted to see: the chick of my life ¿ yeah just as much gba/nds related from a till z

13. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    when will these be taking affect?

14. plasmatron

plasmatron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 22, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Have the new releaseinfos, before other sites have em. GBAtemp is sometimes 2 days behind, with the new stuff. [​IMG]

15. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    Solution: Ask the developers and if they don't answer/don't want it, only put a link to their page (which should be included if there is a download from GBAtemp, too). Of course I haven't got a solution for the workload problem...

16. ronin_in_tears

ronin_in_tears .:|pr0n$t4r|:.

May 2, 2003
    LV4-26
    Been composing alot the last few months, so a music comp with a retrospective touch or theme.
    Nintendo vs. Commodore, Old vs. New etc. that've made me stay a while for sure.

17. THeLL

THeLL GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2004
    Netherlands
    This is something that would definately attract some extra visitors (It was something I was seriously thinking to build a website on, just like I did with videos at www.kitvids.dl.am) : Post the settings to play a NDS rom on a certain flash card , like G6Lite: R/W, trim rom etc.. Now I always have to look up the release (takes a bit of time because you can't search very easily), and then I have to scroll through all the pages to search for someone that posted the G6 Lite settings (IF someone did!).

It's still faster than trying out myself with all the roms I put on my G6 Lite, but Gbatemp could be a real help here! [​IMG]

18. Da-Huntha

Da-Huntha Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2005
    Netherlands
    How about fixing it so we can start at the FIRST comment (or post) on a DS or GBA game (thus it's topic) instead the last when clicking "READ". Or combine with like "Read first - Read last".

19. TheGreat2nd

TheGreat2nd [No Title]

Nov 22, 2003
    United States
    New York City
    More homebrew news, more homebrew stuff, like apps and coding blah blah.
    Aaaand...more DS tournaments with Wi-Fi, and possibly Wii incorporation.

20. Cutman

Cutman GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2003
    United States
    Florida

I don't really post much here, but I gotta say, this is the best rule I've heard so far.