What do YOU want to see on GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Opium, Dec 28, 2006.

1. ploof

ploof Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2006
    United States
    A solution that will solve most of everyone's request:

gbatemp.net/wiki

2. ploof

ploof Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2006
    United States
  3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
  4. trinest

trinest Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2004
    Australia
    New Theme. I'm sick of this silver one.
    Wii letters, so I can get news about homebrew sent to my wii or email.
    More news.
    More reviews.
    More...MORE MORE

5. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    TACOS!!!!!!!!! stands... [​IMG]

6. Akotan

Akotan Mathematical!

Mar 14, 2004
    Brazil
    Ah!!! Edit it, edit it! Your post is making this an horizontal scrolling page! [​IMG]

7. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    yeah and calm down a bit already, this is not the testing area!

useful posts wanted here

8. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    sorry... [​IMG] how bout being able to block a members posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA! kool it, right... cooooooooooooooooooooooooool it... [​IMG]

9. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    dunno if this has already been mentioned but how about doing a gbasaves and allowing members to upload their game saves onto the site

10. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    cant seem to find the DAT downloader... help a brotha from a notha motha probaly a different cola(color) out??? [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Wow yeah very cool idea, someone could beat a game like Need For Speed Carbon since all the stuff is unlocked and they could share it, (this is legal right?). Mm that would be another database, probley down the road. I think people wanna beat them theirselves though.

12. OrR

OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Nov 24, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Hildesheim/Germany
    Homebrew news & downloads would be awesome. [​IMG]

And a suggestion that's not for the staff but can be realized by all members: When a new release is out, play it on your DS, record a video, put it on YouTube, post it. Would give a nice impression of the game and compensate for the lack of screenshots, even when taken by an amateur with a standard camera.

One more thing that is small but really bothers me: The topics in the lists on the frontpage NEED a direct link to the forum thread. I like being able to click the topic to display it above but many times I just do it to bring up the "Read" button. There should be enough space for a small colum to make browsing much more comfortable. [​IMG]

http://gbatemp.net/pie/

13. Madrigal

Madrigal GBAtemp Regular

Apr 11, 2006
    Canada
    Victoria, B.C
    I think it should be re-named to NINtemp or NINTENtempsomething the like. The site is more about all Nintendo consoles now than just the GBA. I also like the idea of a list of currently working flashcarts on the release page.

14. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    KEEP THE NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! some one said it wasnt switching!! their dropping that for money for the taco stands!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] stay updated man! jeezzz...

15. Deletable_Man

Deletable_Man Old Man

Nov 24, 2005
    United States
    20% more Kirby.

16. Shinji

Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    City of Delusion
    Didnt Thug used to run the GBAsaves.net/info or was it the PSP one? That was a good site. If they did this here, a staff member would definately have to manage the organization of it all. I'm all for user-submitted saves though [​IMG]

17. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    he did both, dunno what happened with gbasaves though since it was pretty active at the time

18. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    ya like we, some helpless victim, could make patches, hack, or jazz up a game and upload it. I can "Spice up" ACWW saves!

19. juggernaut911

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    oooh!!! oooh!!! oooh!!!
    how about a recamended software/program page!!!

like some could post would they need to be done or what their looking for and people could give varified links, then with the links. GBAtemp downloads the software into an archive for further use so no more painful searching!!! [​IMG] or they could search the program and GBAtemp could have a link to where you would download it!!! OR... GBAtemp could have a file server packed full of the varified "GOOD" software in ABC order just for this!!! [​IMG] I didnt know I could blab soooooo much.... [​IMG] ........ COOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PS: members should be aloud to write reviews for the software or recamend it for sertain purposes or make a Pros Cons list on a special shout box or something...

20. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    How bout make the board 18 and up? Charge .1 to make members prove they are really 18 and up. (You need to be 18 to have a CC I believe) lol I can dream can't I?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted