What do YOU want to see on GBAtemp?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Opium, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    Im positive that this will never happend and they are really easy to find with a little research anyways. But it would have been cool if there was like a torrent file next to every release for it [​IMG]

Oh and the compability flashcart thing someone suggested is a great idea too. Like gbarl has for all their nds releases.

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    That won't happen due to the fact that it would be linking to warez.

3. dice

dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

Former Staff
    Oct 26, 2002
    England
    how about making me an admin?*

* I can't really think of much to improve the site...

4. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    [​IMG]

- Sam

5. sipoon

sipoon GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    New Zealand
    i like the posts by verocity on how to use the homebrew, guides etc, and a nds rating thing

.....oh and cake...i love cake

6. ShadowXP

ShadowXP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 20, 2002
    Game of the Month should be brought back, I swear we had it before... perhaps the game with the most user votes, then a thread on discussion etc. Also to make the site more community-based I think it would be cool to have editorials or articles of some sort? Would be cool [​IMG]

7. StingX

StingX Hates Technology

Nov 12, 2002
    United States
    Camden, NJ
    Screenshots with DS releases like the GBA had, I love to get a peek at what games look like without having to goto 50 different ad bogged down sites.

8. StingX

StingX Hates Technology

Nov 12, 2002
    United States
    Camden, NJ
    Actually I used to do that with GBA releases un-officially [​IMG]

9. H8TR

H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    Canada
    t-Dot
    Reviews quicker but there isn't much you can probably do about that. The site great!

10. Psyfira

Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

Dec 31, 2003
    England
    Seconded [​IMG] I was just thinking this morning that "filter by region" would be pretty useful (Nintendo's official website list is rubbish).

11. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    There is a reason why there is no screenshots with DS releases. The lack of a good working DS emulator as that was how the GBA screenshots were captured. I guess more tournaments on GBAtemp would be nice but it all depends on the games with WIFI ability.

12. StingX

StingX Hates Technology

Nov 12, 2002
    United States
    Camden, NJ
    And how many of us have flashcarts? Why can't we simply donate images to be edited into the releases? Its a great thing to have a screenshot of gameplay

13. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    all your ideas are great (except the illegal ones!)

how about Wii tournaments?

14. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    How about when there is a game released that there are maybe icons of every card and by those icons it has a percentage, kind of like a voting, then people that try it and say it works could put a vote in for their card, that way people wouldn't have to read all the way through the post and they could know if it worked for their card or not.

And the homebrew database would be really nice, If yall need any help with anything then ask cause this stuff is alot of work.

Some people have been talking about a release list, well if its what im thinking of then there is already one, not on GBATemp but on a website...http://gbalister.emubase.de/index.en.html NDS Releases are also there.

Possibly we could provide cheats/guides to games. But if each user posted cheats seperatley it would get really long. It would be nice if we could all edit one area, and everyone post under the last person, we would just have to be trustworthy, idk bad idea I guess. Maybe another way to displaying them.

We could also have a top game of the month for each console.

And (Im just popping out ideas now [​IMG] ) we could have a movie preview of the game, like when you start up to a game it says start now press button, well when you wait a little demo comes up, like when i filmed King of Fighters, we could have a area for a new release to have a video. The things we are listing the admins or administrators or what you wanna call them cant keep up with all of this.

-The Things I would Like Most
    Some of the things I would like most that where posted and that I have thought of...

-Homebrew Database
    -Flash Cart Compatability Displayed by Releases
    -A Calander Showing Events (maybe tournaments or when a game will be released.)
    -And maybe a way to show the hottest game that is being 'bought'.

Edit: Typo [​IMG]

15. imgod22222

imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    A homebrewers database where members can get some & something that can auto-detect if you're using the ds / wii / other browsers made for machines that are severely underpowered so Gbatemp can give the site where it requires less bandwidth and less cpu from the remote client. Also for release threads 2 show the settings for flashcarts, where a user can check which flashcart compat. they want to see under ''my controls''
    WII EMOTICON!

16. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Here's an example following the idea in my post about the Flash Carts Compatability. I think this could be done. I did a little photoshopping, but I really like it, it would be very useful. It could be very similar to this. Like as for voting you may have to click 'read' then vote, just however it works..heres the pic.

[​IMG]

17. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)
    a download section right next to the "home reviews guides releases search" at the top [​IMG] whats there? Flashme, homebrew, latest batch dpg (with avi synth), moonshell etc [​IMG]

18. OG LOCC NESS

OG LOCC NESS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 18, 2005
    United States
    I like verocity's idea; when you click on one of the flash carts, it loads up in the release frame(or opens a new window) displaying the members names and the options they used, and they can add comments on there too, like if it freezes or if it lags or something.

19. MajinGohan

MajinGohan GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    Gambia, The
    Good idea, but won´t it be too "crowded" on the DS side with all these new cards?

20. tehcamel

tehcamel GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2006
    United States
    if your interest in screenshots of roms try out offline list. it auto updates your release list with new roms and screenshots of them.