Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bitter Rayder...how very bitter
tongue.gif
you're entitled to your opinion of course.

I need a girl I can love for a longg time, I always spend all my energy making a lady like me then once they do I become bored with them. I feel bad because they think I used them and that isn't really the case. It sucks big time. I'm still pretty young though so I shouldn't be worrying about that I guess...

Respect last spartan, love is good stuff that's for sure. Happiness also good. Those two I want the most.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You'd be bitter too if you had your eye blown out by a car battery when all you were doing was checking the fricken' oil. When your fiancé gets killed in a car accident just weeks before the wedding. When your profession bites you in the ass with allergies that prevent you from continuing that profession.

When that happens to you, then you can talk to me about being bitter.

wtf.gif

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I want from life is a hot cup of coffee. That seems like a pretty achievable goal for the morning.

Answer those 4 questions with Love
wub.gif
. I know its weird but I really want a family when I grow up. For a job I want to be an Electronic Engineering Technician . If I get those 2 things I would be a very happy man

Don't count on it. It's been my experience that achievements, relationships, family, possessions, etc aren't going to make you happy. There's always something else to "get".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those aren't great goals to have, but happiness has to come from being appreciative of what you have and who you are.

*Disclaimer: This totally irrelevant advice has been doled out by someone who is completely unhappy.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
What is your goal?

Successfully raising my children. Giving them the groundwork to achieve more than I have, and to not hate me too much when they become teenagers.

why are you living?

Mom and dad did the do.

what is your ultimate goal and your are currently live to achieve it?

Intermingling with the cosmos, which I'm currently locally succeeding at.

why you are here?

To quote some Vonnegut. Here we go:

Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land,
Man got to tell himself he understand.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
My goal in life is to one day rise ranks in the military and bring peace to middle east, unlike the pure economical reason that U.S. is after Iraq right now. My goal is to be a peace keeper.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I want from life is a hot cup of coffee. That seems like a pretty achievable goal for the morning.Â

Answer those 4 questions with Love
wub.gif
. I know its weird but I really want a family when I grow up. For a job I want to be an Electronic Engineering Technician . If I get those 2 things I would be a very happy man

Don't count on it. It's been my experience that achievements, relationships, family, possessions, etc aren't going to make you happy. There's always something else to "get".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying those aren't great goals to have, but happiness has to come from being appreciative of what you have and who you are.

*Disclaimer: This totally irrelevant advice has been doled out by someone who is completely unhappy.

I think you got it exactly backwards Szyslak. I've noticed that people only seem happy when they are currently working towards a goal, not when they achieve a goal and not when they just sit around appreciating what they already have (the glow of both things fade over time). That's why "there's always something to get", because life needs direction and change to flourish.

This may not be true for everyone, but from what I've observed it sure seems to be. Happiness shouldn't be seen as a finish line you reach, but a process you try to maintain. Of course you need balance and to spend a good amount of your life in the present, appreciating who and what you have in your life. I'm just saying that goals give hope for a better future, give a direction to your life, encourage growth, and prevent ennui.

I hope you can find happiness in your life. It's not easy for everybody and took me a long time to figure out myself.

What is your goal?
I have three goals. To build a happy life with my fiance, live a decent life, and make awesome cartoons and comics.

why are you living?
I have people who care about me and a lot more stuff to make.

Making a cartoon or comic that will make a devoted cult following extremely happy and excited to be alive. I'm making as much stuff as I can to achieve this and learning from as many of my artistic heroes as I can.

why you are here?
Millions of years of evolution and failed contraception.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have any goals, never have. Well, not beyond getting a better job so I can afford my own place again. I guess I'm just too adaptable, I easily get used to things around me that I can't change, happiness in mediocrity and all that. I have no idea what I'm doing, kinda sad really.

I've never understood people who spend their whole lives chasing after money and high-stress jobs, it's just not worth it. It tears themselves and the people around them apart.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I don't have any goals, never have. Well, not beyond getting a better job so I can afford my own place again. I guess I'm just too adaptable, I easily get used to things around me that I can't change, happiness in mediocrity and all that. I have no idea what I'm doing, kinda sad really.

I've never understood people who spend their whole lives chasing after money and high-stress jobs, it's just not worth it. It tears themselves and the people around them apart.

WTH? I'm the same. :0

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ATM it is to write a good personal statement to get an offer from a good uni, then it'll be to do well in my exams so I can get into the good uni, then I'll have to do well in uni to get the good job, then in the job I'll have to work hard to get more...

Is this cycle ever going to end?

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I don't really have a fixed goal either, that's why I didn't really answer the questions. I guess I just like living my life and the experience of the journey...

Life is a long path to a goal. Drop your heavy luggage and enjoy walking with your hands empty.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What is your goal?
why are you living?
why you are here?
unsure.gif

I live because i want to prove that i can go it alone by myself.

but i do hate my life, i have a cycle just like TaMs.

Wake up, School, Come home, Homework, Dinner, Bed.

I do wish my life would change.

lol, I'm home schooled! So I get up ever morning, do whatever the hell I want as long as I get my school done for the day. Public school sounds boring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.