What do you want from Gateway after 2.0

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CIH137, Jan 22, 2014.

?

What do you want from Gateway after 2.0 is released?

1. Minor updates to accommodate for newer firmware updates. (Emunand compatibility)

45.8%
  2. Homebrew, HomeBrew, HOMEBREW!

47.7%
  3. Online functionality

49.7%
  4. In-game Cheats

25.8%
  5. 5.0+ Firmware compatibility

39.4%
  6. eshop title/apps working

33.5%
  7. Screenshot function

20.0%
  8. Rom Dumping for the public

23.9%
  9. Virtual console access like smealum

19.4%
  10. Ramble Pak

18.7%
  11. Save and Load state

29.0%
  12. Slow down gameplay (for high intensity areas)

5.2%
  13. Other

13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CIH137
    OP

CIH137 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    I'm getting a little antsy waiting for the 2.0 final, so I've been reading the forums a lot. I saw this post

So I was wondering what do people want the most, and if you guys have other things you would like just comment.

I know that the NDSTWO had options to slow down games. Also I am not 100% sure if real time saves includes Save and load state so I'll add those two.

Edit: There is multiple voting so choose your all your favorites.

IronClouds likes this.

2. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    You should add support for potential new games with AP maybe?

3. spinner09

spinner09 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    Ramble Pack, obviously. It's the only sensible choice, since clones have supported it since the beginning, lol. ;)

Deboog, Thorhian, Veho and 3 others like this.
  4. ridiucle
    This message by ridiucle has been removed from public view by Costello, Jan 22, 2014, Reason: have you considered that your post might be too?.
    Jan 22, 2014
  5. nervx

nervx GBAtemp Fan

May 29, 2006
    Canada
    providing it isn't corrected in the final 2.0 they need to get the save key issue with 6.x cart fixed asap.

this is important because I want my retail saves to work correctly across systems and because Nintendo is using a similar method to stop roms from working with upcoming games using 7.x. if gateway cant fix the keys then upcoming games wont be playable with gateway and all that other stuff becomes pointless as well.

6. PercentSevenC

PercentSevenC Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    One thing I'd like to see is the ability to use firmware from other regions for EmuNAND. Importing games can be a hassle, so it'd be really nice to have access to the Japanese eShop.

7. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    Make it work on 7.1 FW and homebrew :)

8. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    Online functionality and multirom. And being able to download eShop patches/update for games from other regions.

Huntereb likes this.
  9. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    maybe if they can update emunand to be able to play 7.0+ games (with the new keys)
    does 2.0 feature drag and drop now?, instant microsd saving would be better as well

and pokemon already has a slow down function :creep:

10. obcd

obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2011
    Belgium
    Remove the bricking code and release the alghoritm to calculate the locking passkey.

11. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I wouldn't mind eShop title/app compatibility, but really, anything after 2.0 will just a luxury for me. Assuming it doesn't contain any possibility of bricking for Gateway users, it has everything I could possibly want in a flash cart.

Tattorack likes this.
  12. alex_fr

alex_fr Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2014
    Mexico
    supporting new games and new emunand of course.

13. JorgeVdB

JorgeVdB Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2014
    My 3DS XL MH3 bundle is coming in a couple days, I'll be playing DS games for a while, until Gateway, or some other card, have multi-rom, saving without having to quit the game (which are both coming with 2.0, I suppose), removal of breaking code (if even legit GW cards have a chance to brick, I won't take the risk), ability to play higher FW games. That's all, really, then I'll get one.

14. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    The only games not working are pokemon and animal crossing(both will be fixed in 2.0 final) they can't get future games working if there isn't any new games that don't work

15. snk4ever

snk4ever Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2006
    France
    Homebrew
    Other: being able to install emunand from another zone. For example a French emunand on my korean console.

16. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    "No brick routine" should definitely be one of the options, but I ticked the screenshot feature. Sure, you can take screenshots via Miiverse, but only if a game already has a community built for it. And they're crappy jpegs. I want proper screenshots! Homebrew and ROM dumping shouldn't even be there. The latter is supposedly already planned for the 2.0 firmware, and homebrew is already on the way. Unless we're talking about homebrew support for the Gateway multirom menu.

17. midnight1001

midnight1001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2011
    I don't understand why people have such a problem with having to quit the game to save!! I mean come on it's like 20 seconds more of your time!! And that was how I always quit games before gateway anyways!!

18. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Ramble Pack. The only vote that matters.

19. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Well I'm pretty sure gateway would either need to incorporate smealums homebrew functions so gateway users can use them too, or allow switching of the launcher.dat switching gateway so you don't need to go plug your SD into a computer every time you want to switch between gateway functions or homebrew functions....first option would be nicer

20. pudink

pudink Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2013
    I second to that . Lots of consoles with 7.1 waiting for it.
    But I doubt that they are going to find another loophole there :/

21. Mariko

Mariko GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2009
    Ooooor ... Homebrew community will decide upon a unified container, which Gateway's multirom launcher will inorporate. After all, homebrew support is about creating some sort of a standard, not creating separate launchers and developing seperate methods. Smealum himsalf said that he doesn't have an installation method for his channels, so Gateway's multirom menu could get it out of the way, if support for standardized homebrew packages is added.