Hacking What Do You Use To Play Your Backups?

What Do You Use To Play Your Backups?

• Configurable USB Loader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

• WiiFlow

• cLoader (Loadstructor)

• NeoGamma

• uLoader by Hermes

• Ultimate USB Loader

• USB Loader GUI-FX

• USB Loader GX

• Drivekey

• Crap

• DARKCORP

• Flatmii

• WODE

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To make a consolidation of the process from start to finish, can someone give me a quick walkthrough guide?

Im having a big problem looking at so many long guides that I get lost, especially as some of them are quite old and I have a Black Wii updated to the latest firmware version it asked me to download when I connected it online.

I know I need a 500gb USB HDD & 1gb SD Card, but if someone could do a complete brief guide, id be very grateful

EeZeEpEe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dancemb said:
To make a consolidation of the process from start to finish, can someone give me a quick walkthrough guide?

Im having a big problem looking at so many long guides that I get lost, especially as some of them are quite old and I have a Black Wii updated to the latest firmware version it asked me to download when I connected it online.

I know I need a 500gb USB HDD & 1gb SD Card, but if someone could do a complete brief guide, id be very grateful
Not that hard to find.
Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod

EeZeEpEe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
There should an option for:

If USB device, is it formatted to FAT32 or WBFS?
-NTFS
-Both FAT32/NTFS and WBFS
The options are for what you run backups and not what format you store other data on. I guess I could put a FAT32/WBFS but I'm pretty sure people who do that would have all their backups on WBFS with other data on FAT32.

DarkSzero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Configurable USB Loader using a USB 3.5" HDD Box with a 300 GB drive, formatted with WBFS.
I used to use my D2CKey (never failed once), but an usb loader just wins.

Someday I will start using FAT32, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use discs and uLoader 3.1. Since I updated to cIOS rev15, NeoGamma won't work anymore and uLoader is the best solution. I'm looking to get an external HD sometime, but I've still got over 90 discs.

sweMezza

Trophies
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader and FAT32 formatted Seagate External Desktop Drive 1TB. Works like a charm and installing games have never been this much fun!

Acctually it was as late as this recent weekend that I finally got around and attaching a USB drive to my Wii. Had an Wiikey (v1) in it but this is by far more exciting. And the Homebrew Browser to fetch EMUs? Just love it. Finally I've got a Commodore 64 running in my livingroom again, yay!

And finally, BIG thanks to everyone on this forum for guides and tips. Amazing community. Not often I feel obliged to register!

Sorry for the ranting
wink.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bump on this thread to vote.

i am one of the very few who uses uLoader and cios222. not to flashy GUI but best compatibility out there imo.

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for me:

1. wiiflow (both 249, 222), loadergx is better but wiiflow is nicer, anyway wiiflow is good enough for 99% of use

2. usb hd (2,5' western digital passport 500gb) 50% wbfs for wii games + 50% fat32 for divx/mp3

3. usb2 support trough mplayer_ce modded cIOS202

ps: all the upgrade steps were made trough wanin38rev16 => pimpmywii => added hermes cios + mplayer_ce

jshorttt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use both USB and DVD backups.
I Play Backups on USB with : USB Loader GX and cLoader (Loadstructor)
I Play Backups on DVD with : Backup Loader

I load games onto 32 GIG USB dongle with WBFS
I store backups on NTFS as ISO on 1TB. USB hard drive.
As stated above, I create backups on DVDs with Nero 8
gbasp2.gif

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flatmod for disc back-ups (Gamecube mostly, but some wii games that I've been too lazy to migrate to WBFS).
Configurable USB loader 50c w/WD MYBook 1TB (300 GB dedicated to WBFS).

Much prefer the softmod w/USB loading. Faster load times+++ Would have done it sooner, but I have a LU65+ Wii (bought in Feb 2009) and chose the flatmod route in April because I'm a bit impatient that way (no soft-mod worked for my Wii for a good while)... Anyhoo... Also using cios 249/250 rev14 and not a single problem to report (Rock Band, GH, Band Hero, Metroid Trilogy, New SMB, SSMB (DVD5, of course), incl.). Couldn't be happier (and my kids think I am a god amongst men - particularly my 4 yr. old boy who just today yanked a "toad" stuffed toy from under his shirt and whacked me in the face with it prior to giggling - I suppose I had that coming)! Bad Daddy!

P.S. Thankful for (but haven't had to REALLY use - yet, despite soft modding three Wiis [2 in the past week] now...) PreLoader / Bootmii - the two combined made my plunge into darkness that much easier (or at least, tolerable [per wifey])!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's see...

Loader: configurable USB loader (switched from usb loader GX because I can't figure out how to make forwarder iso's not end up in a black screen with it).
Device: USB loader (well...except for gamecube discs, obviously)
Partition: FAT32 (I use the same partition for other homebrew apps as well).

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i wanna try this loader instead of gx. but i still dunno really how to use a forwarder.dol . after i can the packaged files into my sd card what do i do with the forwarder.dol and is that a installed wad for this loader?

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Configurable USB Loader hands down one of the best I've tried so far. USB Loader GX just won't work with Ocarina no matter what, and the people who made GX don't wanna talk about Ocarina
blink.gif

Anyways, I don't give a shit anymore. CFG Loader for the win
yay.gif

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Configurable USB Loader
USB
FAT32

Haven't really tried anything else though, just got it working last night and it's really good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)