What do you use to organize your ideas or projects?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm disorganized at heart, but I still dream of one day attaining a level of fastidious organization beyond post its, random scrawlings on notebooks, and awkward google docs.

For those that do manage to keep their things more together, what do you use to do so? Whether it's a specific app or program, method, or just basic note keeping, how do you keep track of thoughts, ideas, or concepts you want to go back to at a later date?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
trastindustries.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If writing a document then will usually have a list of things to finish/expand upon/rework/add at the top of the whole thing that get removed when I am happy with them.

For general ideas on things to flesh out into bigger projects/threads I have taken to using a little note thing that comes as part of the desktop environment.
Did used to have a notepad on my desk but did all the things on there and migrated to the computer. Do have a small notepad but it is mostly for noting which tools and games I need to buy to finish the collection and not have too many duplicates.
The PC thing also helps filter out lesser ideas (can't say I have ever had a toilet idea really but plenty when chopping things up to later eat, and plenty as I am in bed at night) as things get shuffled up the list.

I tend not to need to keep track of 400 relationships and character motivations in a book I am writing* or RPG I might be a dungeon master or whatever for (not that I have ever played such a thing). For that I might go to spreadsheet or something better.

*400 if in terms of combinations might be reasonable if sticking to a few key and few supporting characters, though frankly
Something like that for the characters in question means you need not end up with a crazy spiderweb of relationships and personal histories.

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: