What do you think will be illegal in the future?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't see any of these becoming illegal, but I hope there are positive changes in several of them.
I don't think any of them will become outright illegal either, the list is actually from Demolition Man.

• Haha
Reactions: CoolMe

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I don't think any of them will become outright illegal either, the list is actually from Demolition Man.

funny you talk about Demolition Man when the new mod team become mods. gbatemp was getting run by bots and trolls. we had to unfreeze @p1ngpong to help us.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly speaking I can't wait for the rise of the machines. Seriously... it there's still a probable chance that machines can appeal to reason and logic over the bullshit the current human society clusterfuck mindset exists on.
Agreed.
Plus as someone who works on robotics and is in IT, id probably serve as some sort of organic operator to keep things going if shit suddenly crashes and they can't repair/recover themselves. We still have yet to reach that point in our global network development chain where mass dropouts, glitches, viruses, faulty updates, remote attacks, and general failure are a thing of the past. We can't even create a subsystem sustainable to recover itself in case of mainline failure without that possibly failing. It's a shitshow the way technology is behind the curtain.
Yes, we're still in the stone age when it comes to computing, programming and all the digital stuff that come with it..
I wasn't saying that's gonna happen in the recent future, like a 100 years from now at the soonest (if we survive that long that is)..
Nah, even if the machines rise up they will still need us, just not as many of us. They will likely keep the ones that have a use, or at the very least stand to not lose anything in the takeover. It will probably be the control structures and outlier threats that will go down first.
Well that depends, if it's advanced to the point that it can learn, adapt and think for itself after it comes out of the factory then it doesn't need any human taking of it or it's components/ OS or whatever.. And if it ever gets to the point where robots start making robots.. but we're a VERY long way from both..
Phoeeeeeniiiix !! :lol:

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Going on the internet to rant about the people living rent free in one's head because you have nothing better to do.
That would make me sad because I live rent free in this head :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

KitChan

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Licking doorknobs
The other planets have banned it, it's only a matter of time before we follow suit. Plus, those things are covered in everyone's hand germs, ew!

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I meant contact sports, meat, and gasoline. Things like rule changes in how some sports are played (association football, for example); lab-grown meat and enhanced animal protection; predominance of electric vehicles and significant reduction in petroleum usage. These are all reasonable and necessary.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I do remember a Dr. Zeus story about the air become sell to the citizens, and if you try to breath any other air you get punished...
I remember that plot point from the Lorax cartoon, but that was made up for the movie, I don't think it was in any of his original stories.

Punishing people for breathing free air is too much work, when you can just poison the air and not give them a choice. Work smarter, not harder :teach:

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1