What do you think the most overrated movie of all time is?

phoenix1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Expendables..... too many major stars n not enough actin, totaly crap.... and Arnie n Bruce were in the film for like half a minute

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

I am having a hard time deciding although I dare say I might be suffering the effects of too long making inane conversation with people and them attempting to return the favour.

holy shit. i didn't need to see that list. Gran Torino in the top 100? that's sad. that movie was a cliche from beginning to end and terribly acted.

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
The Lord of the Rings films. I mean yeah, sure, they're amazing feats of filmmaking but I'd be quite happy never to watch them again, and surely they were long enough already without having to be extended to like 6 hours each or whatever?

Also, I really didn't think the Matrix was all that brilliant. It was fine, I guess, but not the mind-blowing experience it gets made out to be. (Also, the lobby bit was kinda ruined for me because I was familiar with the track Spybreak! and I swear I was on the verge of giggling throughout because I kept expecting the daft 60s spy-movie riff to kick in.) I haven't even seen the sequels, I'm just not that arsed about them really.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
MelissaUS said:
What do you think the most overrated movie of all time is? I'll go first...
For me this is "Crash" (the 2006 one that was nominated for all the Oscars).
Crash was in 2004. And got nominated for 6 Oscars, which isn't all the categories. It didn't even get the most nominations that night, Brokeback Mountain was nominated for 8 Oscars. And it wasn't a bad movie at all, it was great actually. It's just really hated since it won Best Picture instead of Brokeback Mountain.... which deserved to win just as much. Both tackled specific social issues. (Crash with Racism, Brokeback with Sexism) I still wanted my pick Capote to win that year though.

Anyways, overrated? Avatar might fit the bill, however no one really praises all its aspects that much. Most people already know the fact that it's story was mediocre at best. Most people just praise the visuals, which were breathtaking. Titanic is a great movie, however, I'm not sure if it deserves the legendary status given to it right now.

I love Forrest Gump... it was good, but not that good. It was lovable though.

There's also The English Patient, Fargo, and (don't kill me) Napoleon Dynamite.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:

How many people that are not obsessed fangirls have you seen that likes the Twilight movies?

Me? Not many. No one likes them much from what I can see, not the critics, not anyone I know, and certainly not me. I think this is supposed to be for movies that garner significant and relevant praise (meaning for most of the public and critics, not cheesy gossip sites) yet seem to not live up to that praise. I have never heard much praise from the Twilight movies except for how "hot Taylor Lautner is".

Even the fucking director of the movies has admitted that they're kind of a joke.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Crash was a generic racism film. It didn't deserve best picture, however most overrated would be Avatar and Titanic, both films had no soul. The scripts were garbage.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
KingdomBlade said:
SamAsh07 said:

How many people that are not obsessed fangirls have you seen that likes the Twilight movies?

Me? Not many. No one likes them much from what I can see, not the critics, not anyone I know, and certainly not me. I think this is supposed to be for movies that garner significant and relevant praise (meaning for most of the public and critics, not cheesy gossip sites) yet seem to not live up to that praise. I have never heard much praise from the Twilight movies except for how "hot Taylor Lautner is".

Even the fucking director of the movies has admitted that they're kind of a joke.
Yeah bud, I was saying it from "Box Office Gross" point of view, and trust me there are many Fangirls out there who watch the damn movie specifically for that Edward guy who is shit ugly without all that make-up.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superbad.
No question about it to me.
Got the humor, my type of humor too. Didn't laugh once.
Yet all my friends say 'its the funniest movie EVER'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?