Misc What do you think of this years Pride Month?

• Thread starter Deleted member 575334
  • Start date
  • Views 4,626
  • Replies 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 575334

OP
For me. It feels kinda quiet. Normally everywhere i go, i am getting sandblasted with the Rainbow Flag and such. But this year, it feels more quiet then ever. I guess COVID-19 has to do something with it. But i was just curious why and what you think of this?

Edit: I have to clarify that i am NOT from the LGBTQ+ Community. I support them, but i am a straight male.

Last edited by ,

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. The scripture is just a vessel and secondary, the sheperd is your god and primary. (right in so far that they are not confused about the deeper truth of christianity.)

The Shepherd you are referring to is called The Son of God, or The Word, or The Logos, made manifest as Jesus. And yes, a relationship with God is higher than a recitation of words from a book, but the book is still foundational, and the fact that these people support abortion and homosexuality, shows that they don't even understand the foundation upon which they are said to stand upon. Heck, they don't even understand the first few paragraphs of the Book they are reading from.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
The Shepherd you are referring to is called The Son of God, or The Word, or The Logos, made manifest as Jesus.
Listen to Sigmund Freud:
Jahve was certainly a volcano-god…One of these [volcanic] mountains must have been the Sinai-Horeb which was believed to be Jahve’s abode. In spite of all the transformations the Biblical text has suffered, we are able to reconstruct – according to E Meyer – the original character of the god: he is an uncanny, bloodthirsty demon who walks by night and shuns the light of day.
The god Jahve, to whom the Midianite Moses led a new people, was probably in no way a remarkable being. A rude, narrow-minded local god, violent and blood-thirsty, he had promised his adherents to give them " a land flowing with milk and honey " and he encouraged them to rid the country of its present inhabitants " with the edge of the sword. "
During the centuries since then the Levites had become one with the people or with the priesthood and it had become the main task of the priests to develop and supervise the ritual, besides caring for the holy texts and revising them in accordance with their purposes. But was not all this sacrifice and ceremonial at bottom only magic and black art, such as the old doctrine of Moses had unconditionally condemned ?
Damn, I didn't know the Catholic church had become so lit 🔥
They have in deep sense.
And yes, a relationship with God is higher than a recitation of words from a book, but the book is still foundational, and the fact that these people support abortion and homosexuality, shows that they don't even understand the foundation upon which they are said to stand upon. Heck, they don't even understand the first few paragraphs of the Book they are reading from.
Your firmware is just not up to date.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Shepherd you are referring to is called The Son of God, or The Word, or The Logos, made manifest as Jesus. And yes, a relationship with God is higher than a recitation of words from a book, but the book is still foundational, and the fact that these people support abortion and homosexuality, shows that they don't even understand the foundation upon which they are said to stand upon. Heck, they don't even understand the first few paragraphs of the Book they are reading from.
How many babies and pregnant women did God kill in the Bible? Take your time, don't get back to me until you've got a number.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many babies and pregnant women did God kill in the Bible? Take your time, don't get back to me until you've got a number.
I can't break the Bible down to someone who could care less. You lack the sincere curiosity necessary. It would be like me trying to present a lecture in front of a class that is acting up, yelling, and throwing things to the front of the room. Though I will provide you with a small nugget. What you are talking about are the old wars between the Israelites and their enemies. In the story God commanded his people to take them out because they were a threat. Had they not taken them out, Gods people would have been sacked, or turned into slaves, and forced to follow ways that do not lead to truth, not unlike our present culture.

It's a collection of books over 2000 years old that no one who critiques them ever seems to sit down and try to understand.

Anyhow, these attacks on my religion are a mere distraction from my original question. Where is the PROOF that anyone is born gay?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't break the Bible down to someone who could care less. You lack the sincere curiosity necessary. It would be like me trying to present a lecture in front of a class that is acting up, yelling, and throwing things to the front of the room. Though I will provide you with a small nugget. What you are talking about are the old wars between the Israelites and their enemies. In the story God commanded his people to take them out because they were a threat. Had they not taken them out, Gods people would have been sacked, or turned into slaves, and forced to follow ways that do not lead to truth, not unlike our present culture.

It's a collection of books over 2000 years old that no one who critiques them ever seems to sit down and try to understand.

Anyhow, these attacks on my religion are a mere distraction from my original question. Where is the PROOF that anyone is born gay?
Science or scripture, pick one.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i never understood even the most basic concept behind it.
I feel pride in great accomplishments, Things i worked for and pulled off against all the odds.

i NEVER had to work hard to like cock. I just do. Where exactly is the great accomplishment in me smoking meat-cigarettes?

Isnt it kinda pathetic to be proud of something you do by default?

Its like giving Usain Bolt a trophy for sitting on his ass.

Creamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm up for hanging out with some sheep in the sunshine, giving them snacks etc, sounds like a good time. Not interested in leading humans tho, that sounds like a nightmare.
No but with livestock you would be great, I think. See, christians see themselves as sheep with the need of a sheperd. Dont reject them too harshly.

D

Deleted member 575334

OP
Goddamnit. Please make a other thread where yall are fighting like little kids. I made this thread to ask people what they think about this years pride month. Not to play as Police officier. Damn. Ether stay on the topic of the thread or get out.

Reactions: Creamu

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't bring up my religion, I was asking for the science. Creamu is the one who brought up my religion.
Science is about getting closer and closer to an accurate answer about the way the world is, by changing your understanding based on new information coming to light.
Scripture is about believing old written words (that have been rewritten and retranslated countless times over thousands of years, by oh so fallible humans) to be unchanging truth applicable to an ever changing world.

What you said about breaking the Bible down to me is how I feel about discussing science with you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddamnit. Please make a other thread where yall are fighting like little kids. I made this thread to ask people what they think about this years pride month. Not to play as Police officier. Damn. Ether stay on the topic of the thread or get out.
had a feeling it was going to turn into a shit show. it's like a world news and politics thread now, which I have blocked.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Science is about getting closer and closer to an accurate answer about the way the world is, by changing your understanding based on new information coming to light.
Scripture is about believing old written words (that have been rewritten and retranslated countless times over thousands of years, by oh so fallible humans) to be unchanging truth applicable to an ever changing world.

What you said about breaking the Bible down to me is how I feel about discussing science with you.

The way you describe science sounds an awful lot like the experience of a relationship with God, rather than the description of religion (which you hate) that you have given. Though really, at the end of the day, it's not the religion that saves us from our selves, as again it is the relationship with the Invisible and Graceful God, that makes this so. There are people out there that can quote from the Bible a lot better than I and who maybe understand it better than eye, and yet their heart is still full of a sickness that they do not see and repent for. As Einstein said,"any fool can know something, but the trick is to understand." And as time goes on, and I continue to see, using Scripture as a foundation, and my inner relationship as the guiding light, then my knowing slowly turns to understanding and my pride diminishes. Pride is a killer, especially when we presume to know everything.

Now as for science, yes the scientific method is for everyone to bring their theory to the table, lay it out for all to examine, and then to go through the process of discerning what is true from what is not, or at the very least, understanding what is most likely, and what is least likely. This practice is as old as time itself. The early Greeks and Church called it epistemology.

On the other hand, we live in the age of extreme censorship, or where a point will not be argued, but rather one side will try to present facts, while the other side simply makes accusations, makes fun of their appearance, religion, and so on and so forth,; doing what ever they can to avoid a debate that will eventually show one side to be true, and the other to be false. Hence all the talk about Evil Christians, Q-Anon Followers, and White Supremecists in the leftist media (The Establishment) these days.

Anyhow, since the Supreme court changed the religious meaning of Marriage, and since we are giving practicers of sodomy a whole month to celebrate, while our vets still only get a day... there must be some undeniable science to back all of this up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1