What do you think of the first Assassin's Creed game?

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It feels like a lengthy tech demo rather than a complete game to me. I never finished it. Assassin's Creed 2 improved on the original in every aspect. It would be nice if the story made it more clear that the Assassins were originally an Islamic cult which got destroyed by the Mongolian Empire. Maybe they did but I didn't notice. Maybe I'm too picky about historical accuracy.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played it back when it first came out, to see what all the fuss was about... it bored me after just a few hours and put me off of the entire franchise for life - along with all the other Ubisoft IP's that follow pretty much the same template.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played the PC port (including the several months before time leaked version) which did add a bit more than base console.

While I would agree 2 and maybe 3 were the pinnacle of the series for me (later games might as well have been another franchise entirely) there is something to be said about the simplicity and cohesiveness of the first. I got similar feelings when going back to do some of the GB/GBC originators of some of my favourite GBA/DS franchises -- I like the later versions and consider them defining examples/ones I would point people at but there is something to be said for raw and not cluttered with pointless extras.

Deleted member 568892

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is something to be said about the simplicity and cohesiveness of the first.
Now that you mention it, the town rebuilding and economy mechanics in AC 2 were unnecessary and the game may have been better without them. Same applies to the brotherhood mechanics in the sequel.

danielthedud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat it for the first time and considering where the series has now gone with its direction, I think this game does hold up pretty well in all aspects besides the repetitive mission structure. It still looks great and the realistic fighting/climbing animations are fun to pull off, the latter being slow but still fun because of how realistic and practical it looks. Sure, this game has since been outmatched by many others since but I think it's still worth playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over