Hacking What do you think of Ds-x?

What do you think of Ds-x?

• I love my Ds-x, I don't care what people say I'm sticking to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok, I don't mind patching my roms, things will get better.

• I'm not impress, I expect better service and support.

• I hate it, I got screwed and I hope they burn in hell.

• Total voters

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
poll is a waste of time, not voting

Ha come on! It's useless for long time forum users but like I said, anyone who would consider buying a new Ds-x cart should look at this thread. Think of it as a "warning" for potential buyers. I got screwed and I don't want other people to feel the same way I do. We all know Ds-x is crap, I'm just trying to be informative. Please consider voting, it could help other people.

Thank you.

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
poll is a waste of time, not voting
Would have been quicker to just press the vote tab if your so concerned about time wasting, instead of writing anything.
biggrin.gif

theGame07 voted that "I love my Ds-x, I don't care what people say I'm sticking to it." As far as im concerned the DSX team can burn in hell
wink.gif
The DSX team would have voted but they dont release information on their opinions of their cart.

ps MrSpuds "Engrish" is just fine
rolleyes.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I dont own one, but I still find that "I'm not impress, I expect better service and support." suits me the best.
I was interested in it, but waited (thank god) because I am NOT impressed at all, with all the lacking things and patching and all different things.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's a waste of time because anyone that would even see this poll, would already know how much it sucks. I think any user on this board is well aware of the issues at hand.

Seriously, I've been very vocal about my issues with the ds-x, so it's not like I'm a ds-x fanboy or anything... Just growing tired of having the worst cart on the market and knowing I wasted so much money.

Will be selling my ds-x next week to some sucker and will buy a cart with real support

reveng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSX is a very very nice piece of hardware

I do agree with the analogy of the fast car that only goes 60mph.

My vote support sucks
tongue.gif

the newgod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
amemoryoncelost I can understand your point of view 100%, the DSX bashing must grow old, I think anyone following the DSX forums knows very well your no fanboy.

Good luck selling the thing to some sucker you evil evil man
tongue.gif

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Somewhat evil, hah.

I dunno, I bought my ds-x sometime in september or october of 2006. Well over a year ago and back then, I bought this because the company seemed like there would be mac support, still not sure what that would ever entail, maybe a mac updater, who knows. So yeah, it's a little old. I'm not sure what a person can do to get this company shut down, I'm just kind of over it at this point. I've remained cool throughout the whole thing, not posting flames on their board, not really posting flames here either, just posting smart posts that are to the point. I've been in pretty close contact with mods and even got that one reply from the dev, but eh, haven't been convinced that we're any closer than anyone was months ago. So rather than spend my time bitching here and over there, I'll just sell it outright and move onto greener pastures.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't they even have a Mac section on the DS-X forum?

Thanks for posting that link, JPH. I remember seeing that poll but I couldn't find it the next day after it disappeared off the main page.

396 votes against, 175 votes as being mediocre, and 22 votes of approval. Wow. I think I'll sit up tonight and graph the results of comparable polls just to see how the DS-X rated among its competition. I have morbid curiosity that way.

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't see the last poll...sorry. I think this one is a little for specific and up to date. I 'm just a big sucker for polls
happy.gif

I thought most people would vote for the third option, didn't think Ds-x was hated so much. Numbers don't lie.
To Amemoryoncelost: Yes, you need to get yourself a new cart,(maybe a new forum?) I read your post and I started feeling depressed. I will be doing the same someday, time to move on people, time for an new cart.

Edit: I didn't see the last poll because it was in a completly different section of the forum.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A new forum, what do you mean by that? If you mean that I seem to be taking a different angle at this, well, I guess I just don't see the point.

Like I said earlier, it would be cool if gbatemp.net would take a better stance on this. Obviously this isn't good for the "scene," so I have no idea why gbatemp hasn't re-reviewed the ds-x or at least sticky something in this forum. I'm not hating on gbatemp, I'm sure there are various reasons why they haven't(advertisers for one). So we'll see. I just figure if people will see what's going on and do something about it, we can all get rid of them(make money back or take a loss) and forget we ever got screwed..

MrSpud

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry dude, I didn't mean anything really... At least on this forum everybody is on the same side. I just thought that a breath of fresh air would be nice. You know, anything, like a new cart or a new firmware
rolleyes.gif
For me it was a new forum, I just joined here and realise that it's nice to finally be able to say what you really want to say. I used to post on Ds-x for a while, I started looking there when Zelda(j) was not working, about six months or so and I got in trouble for my open honesty. Well you know, after a while rabid1 went on a rampage and things went from bad to what it is today.

I'm 31 years old, married, mortgage, cars and all that and I can honestly say that this is the worse investment of my entire life. I wil get over it, the money spent is one thing but being ignored and insulted is another. I can't do much about it so this silly little survey is all I got to vent my anger, I mean, look at the numbers
ohmy.gif

Peace
happy.gif

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm only 26, but yeah, pretty damn bummed on this entire ordeal. It is nice that we're able to vent here though. In order to vent on the other site, you have to do it in this weird way, then someone posts something stupid and the entire thread gets deleted/locked.

So yeah, I've never had issues with posts being deleted or edited, I word my stuff carefully enough I suppose, so I steer clear of the mods. I've emailed a couple of them and they've always been cool and feel for all of us, it's out of their hands. Either way, if I were a mod, I would have stepped down ages ago. It's like their supporting them in a way.

What really sucks is that it's like there is nothing we can do about it. That's the point that I'm at. Like, what else is there to do? We can make posts, email them, complain and bitch about it, but in the end, they have our money and we have their shit cart. Such a slap in the face.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16