Hacking What do you think of Ds-x?

What do you think of Ds-x?

• I love my Ds-x, I don't care what people say I'm sticking to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ok, I don't mind patching my roms, things will get better.

• I'm not impress, I expect better service and support.

• I hate it, I got screwed and I hope they burn in hell.

• Total voters

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ You can support the opensource project.

I know nothing about code/coding. I'm on a mac. I'd rather just cut my losses and move on. If I see there is something I can help out with though, I'll help out as much as possible. I think it's a great idea, just a little over my head, heh.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like my DS-X card. Works great. Yes I have to do an arm7 patch from time to time and have to work around a pokemon save from time to time but all in all it is a good card.

However..... I wouldn't buy another one since there is RARE support. I'd probably get me a Clyco it seems to be the one to get now.

colheath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had one since Jan '06. Not had any major problems with it. If a ROM needs patching that just takes a few seconds. Not worth losing any sleep over.

gedly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had one since Jan '06. Not had any major problems with it. If a ROM needs patching that just takes a few seconds. Not worth losing any sleep over.

Well jolly good for you.

Shame that, even after applying the arm7 fix, increasing numbers of games don't work (freezing on a white or black screen usually), there's a long list of suggested improvements to the os posted in the forum (at the developers invitation) yet to be made e. g. NO SOFT RESET, that bloody "saving eeprom" needs speeding up/eliminating, doing something cool with the expensive fpga as promised etc etc

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
expensive fpga

I believe the "expensive" FPGA justification for the price is a bit of a fabrication. A minimum of six other card designs including the N-Card use the same FPGA. The N-Card sells with twice the NAND storage for less than $30.

I got suckered into buying this card too. Lucky for me, it wouldn't work and I got a refund. Voted burn in hell.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Had one since Jan '06.  Not had any major problems with it.  If a ROM needs patching that just takes a few seconds.  Not worth losing any sleep over.
Well gee, if you haven't had any problems then the problems everybody else has been experiencing must be all in their head. Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!

I don't suppose any of those ROMs that you were patching included Tales of Innocence? You know, that game that freezes on startup if it's been patched with arm7.

Or there were a few games where download play didn't work. Some game called Mario Party. Yeah, I never heard of it either.

Or the homebrews that haven't worked for me.

But I keep forgetting, its all in our heads. Nevermind.

Seina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read about the FPGA on their site and thought they were going to going to make some awesome hardware out of it. They make it sound so good with the "it could be a processor" tease. The store I was buying from was sold out of DS-X so I "settled" for a Supercard Lite and an R4. Now I have a DSTT and wouldn't consider an old card like that. That homebrew firmware is gonna have to do some pretty great stuff for to make it worth tracking down a DS-X.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the newgod said:
poll is a waste of time, not voting
Would have been quicker to just press the vote tab if your so concerned about time wasting, instead of writing anything.
biggrin.gif

theGame07 voted that "I love my Ds-x, I don't care what people say I'm sticking to it." As far as im concerned the DSX team can burn in hell
wink.gif
The DSX team would have voted but they dont release information on their opinions of their cart.

ps MrSpuds "Engrish" is just fine
rolleyes.gif

That's where your wrong "thegame07" didn't vote anything lol It doesn't effect my life in anyway if someone hates on the ds-xtreme
smile.gif

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I must be insane to write this... but: I love my DSX. Currently it's in use to play older Games and some Music. And besides that, there are tons of programs for windows on it (have to "repair" PCs two or three times a week. *sigh*). And since I have my DS and SupercardDS1/AK2 and the DS-X like all the time with me, its great to use it as data storage.

But we have to face the facts: The support is lacking like hell... oh... wait. The one of the R4 is lacking like hell, the DSX support is simply bullshit.

But since i can play roms until #1000 n shit, I dont care for support
tongue.gif

loathsome

Trophies
XP
Country
Voted the last one. Just got a hold of a DSTT for like 1/5 of the dx-x's price, and it's owning it in every single way.

darkangel5000: you love it because you don't have any other options
tongue.gif
Come ON, the music player is HORRIBLE!!

Virusak

Trophies
XP
Country
the longer I have the DS-X the worse I think of it.... now the crappy hardware is making me mad, the contacts are shi*ty - it is enough to put the ds on a table and the contacts disconnect and the ds freezes..... what a great construction for so much money, I just still wonder how could I have thought this card could be somehow superior, only broken promises are what is left now
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
So, the DS-X is overprice. It's still an awesome flashcard, even if they haven't made an update in ages it's still a good card as said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night