Gaming What do you think is the future of Rare inc. games on Nintendo?

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now that they're releasing DK 64 and the SNES DKC's, do you think they'll release more Rare inc. games like Goldeneye, Banjo, Perfect Dark or possibly the great Nintendo game Conker's Bad Fur day. Also who do you think these games will preform on the wii u, as we know Rare inc. 64 games are incredibly hard to emulate. One more thing, if Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are released, will they have online mutliplayer.

Reactions: Margen67

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I've played Conker Live & Reloaded and I really enjoyed that but I wouldn't mind trying out the original updated to work with the WUPC.

Read a lot of good things and from that same end those people bashed the Xbox version but honestly it's fantastic, imo. Microsoft should totally make an HD remaster of Conker Live & Reloaded.

Reactions: Margen67

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
They still can't. They can release DK 64 and DKC games, because it's THEIR IP. The other games were not in any way owned by Nintendo.
Good point. Totally forgot that Conker's not Nintendo's property. :(

If Microsoft makes a Conker game as good as Live & Reloaded well... There's a reason for me to purchase an Xbox One (Slim preferably).

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only other Rare game nintendo can release is Starfox Adventures.
And actually of the Xbox versions of other Rare games Conker is the weaker. It has good grafics (Better than any shit on Xbox One.... The New one not the original) but they change other stuff that might not seems as much but it afect gameplay for me and the multplayer is not nearly as fun as the original. But the 360 versions of Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie and perfect dark are easly the best versions of the games hands down. Good grafics, 1:1 gameplay, better framerate and online for Perfect Dark.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The only other Rare game nintendo can release is Starfox Adventures.
And actually of the Xbox versions of other Rare games Conker is the weaker. It has good grafics (Better than any shit on Xbox One.... The New one not the original) but they change other stuff that might not seems as much but it afect gameplay for me and the multplayer is not nearly as fun as the original. But the 360 versions of Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie and perfect dark are easly the best versions of the games hands down. Good grafics, 1:1 gameplay, better framerate and online for Perfect Dark.
The gameplay on the remastered Xbox version feels fluid, suave and like a proper 3D action/platformer with both analogue sticks whereas the N64 version only has one so in that version the player has to awkwardly use the buttons instead. It's not as bad as a shooter but still.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Conker especially won't appear ever again on a Nintendo console, unfortunately. Back in the day, I don't think Nintendo even supported Rare with Bad Fur Day, because it conflicted so much with Nintendo's image of a family friendly IP. Besides, Microsoft's actually using Conker now.

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Conker especially won't appear ever again on a Nintendo console, unfortunately. Back in the day, I don't think Nintendo even supported Rare with Bad Fur Day, because it conflicted so much with Nintendo's image of a family friendly IP. Besides, Microsoft's actually using Conker now.
I think their stance on M rated games are changing. They have AVGN adventures on WII U eshop right now, and I've read a lot about how the binding of Issac: The Rebirth is being release on the console as well. Seems like the good indie games are coming now. Also for those talking about Banjo and Kazooie, the former crew from Rare inc. have left the company and are making a spiritual successor to the B&K series, they've hinted Nintendo poking their nose around the idea of making them exclusive to Nintendo.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I think their stance on M rated games are changing. They have AVGN adventures on WII U eshop right now, and I've read a lot about how the binding of Issac: The Rebirth is being release on the console as well. Seems like the good indie games are coming now. Also for those talking about Banjo and Kazooie, the former crew from Rare inc. have left the company and are making a spiritual successor to the B&K series, they've hinted Nintendo poking their nose around the idea of making them exclusive to Nintendo.

Nintendo's been publishing some Mature-rated games:

• Bayonetta 1 (re-release)
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (it's officially published by Nintendo on the Wii U but available on other consoles)
  • Devil's Third (coming later this year)
  • Xenoblade X (same as the above)
  • Hyrule Warriors (not that it's really violent but the female characters show a lot of cleavage)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: