Gaming What do you think about Halo 3DS?

What do you think about Halo on 3DS?

• Yes YES BEAST!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dont think so

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think halo on the 3ds will be possible? Do you think two different companies can come together and make a great game?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, last time I checked the franchise is still owned by Microsoft. Bungie is a free party but there's exclusivity to Microsoft platforms for Halo.

And there's much, much better shooters than Halo. That wouldn't make my list for FPS games to be on the 3DS.

Hell there shouldn't even be FPS games on the 3DS. They just wouldn't work well with its control scheme.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Possible? No. There's no way Microsoft will share one of its top selling franchises with the competence.

Cool? Maybe. For Halo fans.
I wouldn't like it. I played the campaign and got bored after a few missions. They all seem to be exactly the same as the one before. And I don't enjoy its multiplayer.

As a person who doesn't like Call of Duty, I say Call of Duty is better and more likely (definite, I'd say).

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Guild McCommunist said:
Hell there shouldn't even be FPS games on the 3DS. They just wouldn't work well with its control scheme.
Why?
The developer does't have to use the touch screen.
I'd like a FPS where circle-pad is the gun sight, and D-pad moves you.

They can throw in a touch inventory or something if they want.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
No, last time I checked the franchise is still owned by Microsoft. Bungie is a free party but there's exclusivity to Microsoft platforms for Halo.

And there's much, much better shooters than Halo. That wouldn't make my list for FPS games to be on the 3DS.

Wouldn't work well with its control scheme?
What are you talking about the DS has the second best controls for FPS. The slide pad only strengthens those controls.

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

explain how it wouldnt work well. You could move with the analong stick and hold L to be in aiming mode and move the crosshair with the analong and shoot with R

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pocchama1996 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

What are you talking about the DS has the second best controls for FPS. The slide pad only strengthens those controls.

That's subjective. Don't start a discussion about it.

Dammit, Guild. You seem to be an argument magnet.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or Nintendo can just make another game like metroid prime hunters and call it a day?
I mean...it was a pretty good game if your L and R worked (which they never did)

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a Halo DS in production by Microsoft at some point?

I doubt it, as I think it's kinda likely that MS will be joining the handheld realm in the coming generations, but y'never know.

I don't know why people think that the 3DS will be suited to FPS so much. It'll be like a prettier PSP. And EVERYONE complains about the lack of dual analogs on the PSP with shooters.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ramonra said:
pocchama1996 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

That's subjective. Don't start a discussion about it.

Dammit, Guild. You seem to be an argument magnet.

It's not a discussion, it's fact. The PSP wasn't really a great platform for first and third person shooters and it has the same type of controls. I mean FPS games from a decade or so ago worked decently for their schemes back then (like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Doom, whatever), but nowadays, I probably wouldn't bother with a FPS game unless it used either a mouse/keyboard, dual analog, or pointer/analog stick on the Wii.

I'm just saying that taking any FPS franchise to a system that has a poor scheme for FPS controls is a bad idea.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Alex221 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

explain how it wouldnt work well. You could move with the analong stick and hold L to be in aiming mode and move the crosshair with the analong and shoot with R

That sounds like a terrible control scheme unless you want it to be like Goldeneye and have a metric fuckton of autoaim when shooting from the hip. At which point it would be called "Babbys first FPS" as it would actually have less autoaim than a Halo game. Hell I would rather aim with the touch screen like Dementium/Metroid Prime Hunters.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

CrossCounterMotivator.jpg

Alex221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill find out if it will work or not,let me take out my 3ds and make a halo homebrew for it and us it with the DSthree i created. just kidding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended