What do you suggest to buy for my console gaming?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
I wanted *something* to play my PS2 with and be able to connect with PS3/360/GC/Wii in future, I'm no HD maniac as my budget is low too.

my options are getting a second hand TV, likely a 21" or get a new 21" (non-LCD), or go with semi HD LCD tv's or get a monitor LCD with DVI inputs,etc.
wacko.gif

So, it should have RCA (for PS2
wub.gif
/GameCube
wub.gif
/Wii) and accepts output from 360/PS3 (I donno if they support RCA or not, if they support RCA, its good enough)

my budget is around 150~200$.
frown.gif

I would like to see FAST's reply, since I know he's involved in these things.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I wanted *something* to play my PS2 with and be able to connect with PS3/360/GC/Wii in future, I'm no HD maniac as my budget is low too.

my options are getting a second hand TV, likely a 21" or get a new 21" (non-LCD), or go with semi HD LCD tv's or get a monitor LCD with DVI inputs,etc.Â
wacko.gif

So, it should have RCA (for PS2
wub.gif
/GameCube
wub.gif
/Wii) and accepts output from 360/PS3 (I donno if they support RCA or not, if they support RCA, its good enough)

my budget is around 150~200$.Â
frown.gif

I would like to see FAST's reply, since I know he's involved in these things.

You mean input?

Have you tried sending FAST a PM?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Monitor (big enough for what you want) + decent VGA box (unless you manage to score one with RCA in) games are more than playable) + 360 VGA lead if you are so inclined.

You should be able to net the box for under $60 if you look hard enough and they will work great with a current monitor until you save up enough to buy an uber monitor or whatever you want, the 360 lead you can get as and when and they are not that much either (and they work in whatever passes for HD in xbox land).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
VGA box: I am about 2 years out from when I kept truly up to date but the modern ones are far better (that is not to say the old ones are bad: they are not). Scorpei did a review of some stuff:
http://ps3.scorpei.com/XCM_1080p.html
And a hack of another:
http://wii.scorpei.com/XCM_V-box_USA.html

360 Lead: the VGA box above should work but why mess around when you can have something designed for the purpose (I have played with them and the only issue most people have is their monitor may not be quite as big as their "HD" screen. The unofficial ones seem to sport a lack of shielding (perhaps an issue if you have a mess of wires around) but normally a $10 difference in price tag. They also can come with a male end but that is a quick trip to your local electronics store/website to sort out (or you might even be able to dupe your box above into thinking it is a monitor).

Monitor: stick with your 17" for now (VGA boxes can switch: I run one on one of my PC monitors). As and when the time comes a normal review search should get a decent one.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thanks FAST, Sorry I didnt understand some of your explanations but is there such thing AND be USB? for laptop purposes.

Thanks for your time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...