• Total voters

Slyakin

See ya suckers
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you program in? I'm sorry if I don't have all the programming languages, so just choose other.

I program in Java.
smile.gif

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't coded (always preferred that to programing) anything in years, but I used to do C, Visual Basic, and Javascript. I'd love to see somebody who can still program in machine, that would be great. I don't know anybody who goes below assembly these days, and that's a rarity in itself.

EDIT: @Matthew - Depends on what you want to do with it. C++ is more modern and better for Windows. When I was doing C it was for Linux shells (ie, command line interfaces) so I don't think it's as suited to GUI stuff. Still haven't seen the point to C#.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little of Visual Basic, QBasic, and Java only in school , but I didn't learn much (teacher didn't teach much, not his fault tho) to do anything with it.

Do companies use Visual or Q Basic?

I heard of darkbasic as well...

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Nobody uses qbasic for anything, you can't even compile programs with it. Back in the day (like, the late 80's/early 90's) you could make some fairly uncomplicated stuff in quickbasic as standalone dos .exe's,but still, nothing serious.

"Real companies" usually mostly Visual C++, but Visual Basic is good for quick and dirty stuff, simple programs, and databases.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
I haven't coded (always preferred that to programing) anything in years, but I used to do C, Visual Basic, and Javascript. I'd love to see somebody who can still program in machine, that would be great. I don't know anybody who goes below assembly these days, and that's a rarity in itself.

EDIT: @Matthew - Depends on what you want to do with it. C++ is more modern and better for Windows. When I was doing C it was for Linux shells (ie, command line interfaces) so I don't think it's as suited to GUI stuff. Still haven't seen the point to C#.

K, also there seems to be more start quides. Now I just need an IDE

@mysticwaterfall by Visual C++, do you mean the one by Miscrosoft?

Also forgot to add SQL I think it counts

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
^Nobody uses qbasic for anything, you can't even compile programs with it. Back in the day (like, the late 80's/early 90's) you could make some fairly uncomplicated stuff in quickbasic as standalone dos .exe's,but still, nothing serious.

"Real companies" usually mostly Visual C++, but Visual Basic is good for quick and dirty stuff, simple programs, and databases.
Ah! How 'bout DarkBasic?

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I primarily program in Java (See my program iCST Chat on SourceForge for demonstration of my abilities), but I'm also skilled in JavaScript (including jQuery) and C#. Oh, and Perl too... and bash scripting.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im with the pi, brainfuck is fun as hell.

Languages (that are actually usable, unlike brainfuck
tongue.gif
) I can code in:
non-web based:
c (and c++), visual basic, C#, (some) x86 assembly, delphi, python
web based:
php, javascript, html if that counts ;p

i'd like to learn ruby, and a few other languages for fun but i doubt i will have time at all. i want to improve my skills in assembly, though.

i have made a few crackmes over the years but they are pretty simple.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I wonder who chose machine language...
tongue.gif

i do (x86) assembly, but i actually didnt check that box. its honestly not that hard as everyone thinks, you just need to get the hang of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte