What do you lose from updating 10.0 to 10.3, homebrew-wise?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by RichHomieSupreme, Nov 14, 2015.

1. RichHomieSupreme
    OP

RichHomieSupreme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2015
    United States
    I really am tempted to update when the update for extreme butoden comes out (assuming that another firmware doesn't happen between now and then) so I wanted to know what changes between the two firmwares. If it's anything substantial, I'll probably try to get a lower firmware 3ds since I've been meaning to anyways.

2. ac3ds

ac3ds PlayStation Addict

Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    A box
    Depends if you use themehax or browerexploit it will no longer work. But for CN or OOT hax they will still work from as far ss i know!

3. RichHomieSupreme
    OP

RichHomieSupreme GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2015
    United States
    Oh ok, I use ninjhax and ironhax(1.0) so I should be fine with updating for the time being, thanks!

4. sweis12

sweis12 GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 20, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Make sure you update the payloads before you update your console :)

5. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    The only reason I can see not updating past 10.1? is you will lose themehax past that I've not read of anything not working.

I mean it has been mentioned its best to stay on like 10.1 most likely due to themehax but then you have others mentioning new "exploits" and its best not to update but then you read from the same people these "exploits" will work on any version that hax works on so who knows.

Want access to the eShop? Go for it, only reason I haven't yet is eShop has nothing I'm after the moment it does I'll update.

6. ac3ds

ac3ds PlayStation Addict

Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    A box
    Just to let you know extreme butoden might work on 10.1. Yokai watch was released about a week or 2 ago and was a 9.9 game.