What Do You Like More In A Game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by JsdMaNintendo, Dec 28, 2010.

?

What Do You Like More In A Game?

1. Online Gameplay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Local/Single Player Gameplay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Dec 28, 2010
  1. JsdMaNintendo
    OP

Newcomer JsdMaNintendo Advanced Member

United States
    I recently posted a topic "What do you prefer in a videogame?" ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=271...p;#entry3354572 ) and reading some responses, the question came up to me when someone mentioned Call of Duty Black Ops's online vs gameplay, and how people responded to it. So what do you look for most in a game? Online, or local/single player gameplay?

Me, I like a game with that balanced, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They really outdid themselves with the local on that game, and especially the online. It's smooth, fun, purely enjoyable. But I've gotten some games and just found them useless, like the Halo series. They focus on two things;
    1. Good online
    2. Good graphics
    I HATE the campaign in the Halo series. It's always slow, boring, and over before you've even started. I preordered the game, stupidly, thinking I would enjoy it. Now don't get me wrong, I like the online and still play the game, but the campaign is just so horrible! It made me rage when I beat it. Made me feel like I had done nothing. It took me two days to beat it on normal(only because I had to go to bed, otherwise I could have done it all at once) and even the Legendary is easy! There's nothing to playing the Halo series. It seems like that's what the 360 focuses on in all though, is online, and good graphics. Same with the PlayStation 3. The Wii is the only system that comes out with good playable games, that are worth replaying even.

... I did it again... I keep rambling on these. Haha, anyways, yeah, that's over. Vote.

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Depends on the game.

3. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    Single player. The trend towards online everything sucks, it's just an excuse not to create a proper single player experience anymore.

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    +1 plus you get the silly noobs online, glitchers cheaters e.t.c screaming kids, i will always hate online and always avoid it as much as possible.

5. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    I prefer having friends over for multiplayer that way you know they must behave.
    its alot more fun

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I somewhat agree with lilsypha. I'm a single player through and through. I rarely play multiplayer (and online). I don't mind if a game has multiplayer or online of course, as long as it's not at the expense of an amazing single player experience.

I also think the multiplayer mode should be built on top of the single player mode. That would ensure both modes were solid as single mode had already been developed and had a full chance to mature. As opposed to starting with multiplayer in mind and creating single player based off the multiplayer mode. That creates too much of a chance for them to just glance over single player due to laziness.

I guess the point though was local vs online, instead of single vs multiplayer. But i figured that out too late. Local ftw, i'm not a huge fan of online unless i trust and know the person on the other end.

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Single Player is the best.

The fact that so many developers are spending the majority of the development time on Online/Multiplayer, will be the downfall of the gaming industry.

It also sucks that games that don't have online, don't get as much attention as the ones with Online. Gamers this generation are fucking stupid.

8. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Personally, I prefer a game with a good story and local/single player gameplay. Without that, you get a party game.

9. jarejare3

Member jarejare3 PROFILE CHANGE!

Malaysia
    i actualy FUCKING misvoted for online gameplay.
    Dam, somebody cr8 a game with a good single player. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER is what online is for. [​IMG]

10. Isaac_GS

Newcomer Isaac_GS Advanced Member

United States
    Which isn't a bad thing of course, but unless the goal is to make a game specifically designed for family/friends to gather around and enjoy (even if it is over the internet), the single player experience should be paramount.

Down with tacked-on online modes in games that were clearly meant for single player experiences!!