Gaming What do you like in Golden Sun series?

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'd played about 3/4 of the GS2 while 1/2 in GS1, i got sick with all these dialog, (small texts from a GBA screens annoy me a lot)... so what do you like about GS??,, im planning to play GS1 and 2 these week if i got enough motivation...what so good about GS?..tnx...no flaming please, just wanted to ask...no "play it,then you'll know"

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the series because it had a good story, good characters, graphics were amazing for the GBA (though that's not that important to me), and I'm a huge JRPG fan anyway. If you really hate the genre, I don't think Golden Sun will be any better for you than most other JRPGs.

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The dialogue that put you off is the best storyline of any game that I've played, and that's saying something; even better than platinum console games that are "story focused" like Mass Effect. (Which was a hunk of shit, but that's not for this conversation.)
Quite simply, I don't think the game is for you if you don't like dialogue. it's a RolePlaying Game; you are playing the role of Isaac/Felix and their band of misfits. Also, I recommend playing them in order; I personally wouldn't start 2 until I've finished 1.
Hope you can get into these games - they're quite frankly fantastic, in every sense of the word.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@haddad - obvious for you to say that...XD

@private - mass effect is good, XD...when i played GS2 , i thought the series was like FF, every game different story, except for x-2 and xii:revenant...so the story is good? i just skip the dialogs of the GS2 and 1 back in the day..XD...

@Felix - Best story would be FFX...XD...IMO...

oh... also the puzzles are kinda irratating , GBA screen is a little , you know, not enough size...XD...

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah yeah.
No, the series is a continuing arc - might be why you didn't find the story interesting. Also, I would recommend not skipping the dialogue; I usually hate really wordy video-games but I've read every single bit of text in GS1&2.
smile.gif

The screen IS quite small, but I believe it works with the puzzles. The puzzle mechanics, in my opinion, are great - although not for everyone. It involves the use of some thought - what psyenergy do I need, how will they interact, and so on.

noddalives

Trophies
XP
Country
i really did enjoy the first 2, probably the best gba games ever also, i do like how in the 3rd one using psynergy in the field for puzzles doesnt deplete pp though

-K1-

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i like the story and gameplay mechanics especially the djinn, wish it was made for consoles as well would love to see a long HD version of golden sun

WarBuddhaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which reminds me, I should hunt down the old GB Final Fantasy(Legend I believe?) Owned one back in the day, I beat it, I just don't remember a thing about it.

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of things I like about Golden Sun

- Great storyline
- Interesting/likable characters
- Great graphics for its system
- Simple yet fun battle system
- Fun and sometimes challenging puzzles
- Very big world for a handheld game

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finished the first golden sun, and i totally love the story and the music!!
yay.gif

what totally sold me were the graphix at the battle screen
ohmy.gif
it was REALLY good for GBA i couldn't believe it at the time.
so I bought it right away. ( gooood times
yay.gif
)

I played the second for a long time but i was stuck at a boss that was invincible to all my attacks ( i learned today by playing golden sun 3 what i had to do >.> lol)
anyhoo far as i know from golden sun 2, the music was just as good
yay.gif

now i'm playing golden sun 3 and it rocks!!!
yay.gif
the graphix during battle are really good IMO
It feels the same as the other golden sun.. i mean the pussles are the same with the psynergy stuff you have to do n all that
happy.gif
I looove it!!
( to be honest, when i first saw that golden sun 3 Became 3D i was dissapointed a LOT.. but i noticed it worked out pretty well , nothing to worry about !!
yay.gif
)

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eighteen said:
I played the second for a long time but i was stuck at a boss that was invincible to all my attacks ( i learned today by playing golden sun 3 what i had to do >.> lol)
anyhoo far as i know from golden sun 2, the music was just as good
yay.gif
Let me guess, Poseidon (the one where you need the trident)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol