Gaming What do you like in Golden Sun series?

Ashley Riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like anything about it. =/
Tried to get into it waaay too many times until I realized I despised pretty everything in it. From battle system to djinns to psyenergy to puzzles to graphics to sound effects to music (sorry, Motoi Sakuraba, but Tales of Phantasia and Mario Tennis are your only OSTs I like!) to characters to story to even the goddamn font they used in the game. I don't have a MORBID HATE ARRRG about it or anything, but I really can't find anything that I like in there.

But I still love your sports games, Camelot! Thank you for the millions of hours of Mario Tennis multiplayer and Mario Golf.

100action

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Playing golden sun 1 and 2 now will have lost some of its appeal.

Golden Sun was way ahead of its time, the graphics (just look at ragnarok spell) you wouldn't think they are possible on a 32 bit cartridge and the amount of variables and depth of the game completely blew the competition away.

If you play now you wont find it special because the competition have been able to catch up and technology has allowed for better graphics and in depth games (more storage).

I think the game is lost on the new generation of handheld players, you have to have played Golden Sun when it came out to get the whole "Golden Sun" experience.

D

Deleted User

The music & the mysticism (going to Lemuria/Atlantis was a HUGE plus).
Puzzles to an extent (at least the different way about going about them).

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ashley Riot said:
to even the goddamn font they used in the game.

But I still love your sports games, Camelot! Thank you for the millions of hours of Mario Tennis multiplayer and Mario Golf.

I also hate the fonts they used...geez...there are so many fonts out there...yeah, camelot sport mario games is fantastic...

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
100action said:
Playing golden sun 1 and 2 now will have lost some of its appeal.

Golden Sun was way ahead of its time, the graphics (just look at ragnarok spell) you wouldn't think they are possible on a 32 bit cartridge and the amount of variables and depth of the game completely blew the competition away.

If you play now you wont find it special because the competition have been able to catch up and technology has allowed for better graphics and in depth games (more storage).

I think the game is lost on the new generation of handheld players, you have to have played Golden Sun when it came out to get the whole "Golden Sun" experience.

youre right there man, if i'll play GS1 and 2 now, it will just give me headaches for all those graphics...2001 tech is not 2010 tech,,,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey