Gaming What do YOU like about Kid Icarus?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I like how the combat system is extremely loose. Infinite Ammo, Knockback, no cheap shots like headshots or quick scoping. Its got some sort of dodging so if your quick of hand, you can avoid getting hit by even the most persistant shots. Its a combat system that asks more for skill then weapon selection, and it is balanced without killing any fun or freedom!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think even if they can be dodge, some are or about instant kills. Specialty when powers are added to it.
While some things irk me (to name a few) like the orgs, tampora wizard, and the magnus stage, I like the game overall.

The Milkman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think even if they can be dodge, some are or about instant kills. Specialty when powers are added to it.
While some things irk me (to name a few) like the orgs, tampora wizard, and the magnus stage, I like the game overall.
You didn't like being Magnus? I found it kinda fun, nice change of pace (also that's like the second time you see him since the last time was in CHAPTER 2. Makes me wonder what Sakurai ment by saying Pit and Magnus were supposedly to be sort of rivals)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't like being Magnus? I found it kinda fun, nice change of pace (also that's like the second time you see him since the last time was in CHAPTER 2. Makes me wonder what Sakurai ment by saying Pit and Magnus were supposedly to be sort of rivals)
It the fact the stage is cheap, specially at higher levels. The majority of his part was fighting far way archers without charge shots or powers. I like the stage, but if the enemies where more close fighting focus, it would have been better. The "wrestlers" there are just a bit cheap too, but it doesn't really irk me.

I like to add the heart in Hades was really cheap.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It the fact the stage is cheap, specially at higher levels. The majority of his part was fighting far way archers without charge shots or powers. I like the stage, but if the enemies where more close fighting focus, it would have been better. The "wrestlers" there are just a bit cheap too, but it doesn't really irk me.

I like to add the hearth in Hades was really cheap.
So basically, you didn't like it because it was a challenge.

D

Deleted_171835

Dialogue. It's simply superb (I applaud Nintendo's Treehouse team). I'm glad Sakurai didn't demand a word for word translation or we may have got another Other M.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialogue. It's simply superb (I applaud Nintendo's Treehouse team). I'm glad Sakurai didn't demand a word for word translation or we may have got another Other M.
I agree, some people wanted to turn the voices off, but I loved the dialog in KI. It was funny, thought was put into it, it didn't feel robotic, and it didn't treat you like you were five years old, or as is the case with many modern games, stupid. It really added personality and flare to the game.

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, you didn't like it because it was a challenge.
lolno Like the whole game?
It just felt cheap to me period, whether it was a challenge or not.
I agree, some people wanted to turn the voices off, but I loved the dialog in KI. It was funny, thought was put into it, it didn't feel robotic, and it didn't treat you like you were five years old, or as is the case with many modern games, stupid. It really added personality and flare to the game.
Agree.
Also the sound track. Sometimes I got that Disney vibe.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I find the graphics very beautiful.
The Musics are good.
The dialogs are funny (too bad the French translation is not always correctly translated*, and that there's only English dub. It's hard to read subtitles while playing)

Lot of replay value thanks to all the weapons differences and treasure hunting.

* They named Dark pit (pit two?) : Tip
and changed some dialogs.

The Milkman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Musics are good.
The dialogs are funny (too bad the French translation is not always correctly translated*, and that there's only English dub. It's hard to read subtitles while playing)

Lol, no it was supposed to be a pun on how he's a clone of Pit. He's not Pit Two (2) but he's "Pittoo" kinda like his other clone, Put.

And the music was amazing to, and I loved the banter. Its much better IMO then a lot of games people claim has "Amazing Voice Acting" (COUGHKINGDOMHEARTSCOUGH*) it fept like they were never really trying to be serious and it felt like a good break away from how so many damn games are SOOOOO dark and gloomy.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Musics are good.

Lol, no it was supposed to be a pun on how he's a clone of Pit. He's not Pit Two (2) but he's "Pittoo" kinda like his other clone, Put.

And the music was amazing to, and I loved the banter. Its much better IMO then a lot of games people claim has "Amazing Voice Acting" (COUGHKINGDOMHEARTSCOUGH*) it fept like they were never really trying to be serious and it felt like a good break away from how so many damn games are SOOOOO dark and gloomy.
Uh actually, they did name him Pittoo because he is the second Pit (as in it's clone). That was the point of the joke. Although Putt existed, they didn't take account to it when they made the joke.
Now as for the game, It's superb.
The single player (solo) is rather good and challenging at higher levels. The characters are lovable and the voices are rather good (which is kinda rare for a nintendo game to be fully voiced)
Although it's the multiplayer that really keep things interesting. The combat system is fast paced and full of action.
But my favorite thing in the game is the weapon system (especially the fusion system). So much combinations you can use to form your weapon, it's nearly endless.
It's a game that will keep you playing for a very long time.
(I decided to keep my message short, it was gonna be too long to RANT)

The Milkman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Musics are good.

Uh actually, they did name him Pittoo because he is the second Pit (as in it's clone). That was the point of the joke. Although Putt existed, they didn't take account to it when they made the joke.
The single player (solo) is rather good and challenging at higher levels. The characters are lovable and the voices are rather good (which is kinda rare for a nintendo game to be fully voiced)
Although it's the multiplayer that really keep things interesting. The combat system is fast paced and full of action.
But my favorite thing in the game is the weapon system (especially the fusion system). So much combinations you can use to form your weapon, it's nearly endless.
That's exactly what I said... I just pointed out it was a pun...

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Musics are good.

Then you were supposed to say he is Pit two as in Pittoo, hence the pun.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Musics are good.

Actually, Zantigo was right. He's not Pit two, but Pittoo, because he's Pit # 2. The difference being, he isn't Pit Two, that's not his name, thus Pittoo is correct simply because he is a Pit clone, or Pit # 2.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Musics are good.

Actually, Zantigo was right. He's not Pit two, but Pittoo, because he's Pit # 2. The difference being, he isn't Pit Two, that's not his name, thus Pittoo is correct simply because he is a Pit clone, or Pit # 2.
Pit: Pittoo...
Palutena: Pittoo. As in Pit two. As in Dark Pit. Pretty clever name don't you think?
There's the pun. I never said the name wasn't correct. I (and Zantigo) said where the pun comes from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...