Gaming What do you guys think?

beedog19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last night my friend told me that he's looking to sell a 360. His had broken twice and thanks to Microsoft's fantastic service he gave up on getting the coffin and went out and bought a new 360.

Now thanks to a long and confusing series of events he finds himself in possession of 2 360s and is looking to sell. He told me he would sell me the one that he just got back from Microsoft for $200. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet but he said it should have the controller and harddrive and everything. Do you guys think this is a good deal for a refurb? Does Microsoft still send back refurbs?

I'm leaning strongly towards taking it but I'm looking for input before I pull the trigger.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NO do not buy the 360 from your friend. Hes scamming you. For just $150+ you can get a new one. Not a old one which had to be sent to M$(Microsoft) over 2 times. Either save money for a new Xbox 360 Premium OR buy something else. A broken Xbox 360 is the same as not having one.

beedog19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's kind of risky but $150 is a hefty price difference. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when comparing it to the $200 I'd spend on it in this situation that's nearly doubling it.

Also, the 360 he just got back is still in the box, we haven't looked at it yet. I thought I read something about MS sending back new 360s as opposed to refurbed ones because so many people were having them break on them again and complaining.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Buy the $200 one from your friend. Since it has been refurbed it will have an additional heatsink that a new one costing $150 more may not even have. Plus it has a warranty still and can be sent back to M$ should it break down a third time.

beedog19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to my friend's place later on tonight, and I'll take a look at it. I think there should be around 2 years left on the warranty for it. I'll see how good of a look I can get at it. I'll be looking for the heatsink without opening this thing up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455