What do you expect in the (unannounced but inevitable) January direct?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the end of the year so obviously, we'll get a Nintendo Direct about what to expect in 2018 which will probably drop in January. There are already a few rumblings about an announcement fairly soon. I have a list of predictions and I thought it would be fun to have everyone share them if they have any. Mine will be split into three groups; expectations, hopes, and unrealistic dreams. Let's go.

Expectations:

• 3DS crap that no one cares about
  • Switch online service including pricing, features, and launch date
  • Virtual Console which will hit March 3, 2018. One year since Switch launch to represent old and new coexisting
  • 4 save states in VC games
  • NES and SNES games are released first. GB/GBC, N64, GBA will come later. GameCube not announced here.
  • Online and VC will tie in and be launched on the same day (again, March 3rd)
  • Online will be disappointing. A large chunk of the direct will be detailing it. All VC games will have to be bought for the tenth time. No transferring.
  • Yoshi gets title and release window (thinking back on it, I believe it was already slated for Spring)
  • Kirby will get a release date.
  • Nothing on Prime 4
  • Nothing on Pokemon for sure.
  • Octopath Traveler slated for Fall 2018
  • Pikmin 4 teaser.
  • One or two more first party titles not previously announced.
  • More joycon colors.
  • Mario Party
Hopes:
  • Mother 3. It's the rumor that won't die. Emily Rodgers and Laura Kate Dale expect it but we haven't seen it. It's coming with Switch VC. The only reason I didn't put it on expectations is because I don't think GBA will be with the launch of VC.
  • Cloud saves. If they exist, they will be part of the online service
  • Online is NOT disappointing.
  • Joycon varients. One with a d-pad.
Dreams:
  • A paper Mario game that returns to the series' roots.
  • VC is transferrable.
  • Controller price drops
  • More Zelda DLC
That raps it up. Obviously, this is 100% speculation so don't hold any of this to me. If you have anything you expect to see, please share.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS crap?

Im American and i'm sensitive to what you said.
Lol (does anyone say lol anymore? No? Okay.), I just think it's time for the 3DS to die I love my 3DS, it has some great games (Bravely Default anyone?), and it's awesome for hacking/modding, but it's the Switch's time to shine and Nintendo just won't accept that. PS I'm American and your offense offends me.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS isn't leaving in 2018.. So, keep expecting the crap. I just want info on online and VC. Nothing else is important right now. Yoshi and Kirby are meh to me. May buy Kirby as I find some weird satisfaction in playing. Will probably see something about another port or info pertaining to Wolfenstein II. MAYBE some info about Yooka Laylee?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Expectations:

• DLC for xenoblade chronicles 2
  • Some classic vc that you may have bought ten times, but you'll have to purchase anew yet again
  • Not a word on rainway

zepmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally I expect this to lay out their plans for the first half of 2018, since we know very little right now. I'm hoping they keep to their ~one big exclusive release per month Switch release schedule that made this year so amazing.
  • Online service details for sure (and hopefully VC as part of that)
  • Yoshi and Kirby
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Fire Emblem Switch
  • Bayonetta 1+2
  • At least one Nintendo-made "DX" port of a Wii U exclusive... hopefully Smash
  • Nothing on Metroid or Pokémon
  • Announcement of 1st or 3rd party series coming to Switch that has traditionally been on handhelds, to signal that the 3DS is coming to an end
  • A new IP or surprise new entry in a Nintendo series announced, but coming in back half of 2018
  • A couple of surprise third party ports ala Wolfenstein 2

D

Deleted User

I'm hoping for something about Animal Crossing. Pokemon too, but I feel like we might not hear anything about Pokemon Switch for a while.
MOTHER 3 would be nice but I've become increasingly wary of Nintendo's English translations for story-heavy games like that, so I'd probably end up avoiding it anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr