It's the end of the year so obviously, we'll get a Nintendo Direct about what to expect in 2018 which will probably drop in January. There are already a few rumblings about an announcement fairly soon. I have a list of predictions and I thought it would be fun to have everyone share them if they have any. Mine will be split into three groups; expectations, hopes, and unrealistic dreams. Let's go.
- 3DS crap that no one cares about
- Switch online service including pricing, features, and launch date
- Virtual Console which will hit March 3, 2018. One year since Switch launch to represent old and new coexisting
- 4 save states in VC games
- NES and SNES games are released first. GB/GBC, N64, GBA will come later. GameCube not announced here.
- Online and VC will tie in and be launched on the same day (again, March 3rd)
- Online will be disappointing. A large chunk of the direct will be detailing it. All VC games will have to be bought for the tenth time. No transferring.
- Yoshi gets title and release window (thinking back on it, I believe it was already slated for Spring)
- Kirby will get a release date.
- Nothing on Prime 4
- Nothing on Pokemon for sure.
- Octopath Traveler slated for Fall 2018
- Pikmin 4 teaser.
- One or two more first party titles not previously announced.
- More joycon colors.
- Mario Party
- Mother 3. It's the rumor that won't die. Emily Rodgers and Laura Kate Dale expect it but we haven't seen it. It's coming with Switch VC. The only reason I didn't put it on expectations is because I don't think GBA will be with the launch of VC.
- Cloud saves. If they exist, they will be part of the online service
- Online is NOT disappointing.
- Joycon varients. One with a d-pad.
- A paper Mario game that returns to the series' roots.
- VC is transferrable.
- Controller price drops
- More Zelda DLC