Gaming What do you expect from Pokemon Black 2 and White 2?

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pokemon designs seem very ripped off of Gen1.
Well, a lot of them, though under 50% anyways.

Gameplay wise, 5th gen is much better. Magic Bounce was their greatest addition.

Reactions: 1 person

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do I expect ?

More of the same old shit repackaged and rebranded as a "new" game.

Some of you will love it - I genuinely hope you really enjoy it.
It's just not for me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What do I expect?

Nothing.

When you put your expectations bar really, really, really low, the game still has slim chances of positively suprising you. Otherwise you're in for a delicious meal of re-hashbrowns.

Reactions: 2 people

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The majority of pokenerds didn't like B/W, I'm pretty sure.

Why? I have not played is there some problem with it? I am debating white or soul silver.
I quit Soul Silver halfway through while I played Black once and then White twice (the second time together with my son, which was more him playing and me reading what's happening, since he can't read yet ;>) - so I'd definitely say get White!

And as for the Pokenerds not liking B/W, I've gotta say that B/W was the first Pokemon game I really enjoyed and finished playing since Red. So I wouldn't say all Pokenerds hate B/W. ;>

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think it will really be a direct sequel to black and white.
Meaning it will definitely star the same characters.
That it is a sequel doesn't necessarily mean it will be in Unova. Maybe it's Unova + some other region or it can even take place in a totally different region (I hope).
I do wonder what they'll do with the starters and the gyms though.
Maybe they cut gyms out and you have to do something completely different, but this is just a speculation of course.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why? I have not played is there some problem with it? I am debating white or soul silver.
I quit Soul Silver halfway through while I played Black once and then White twice (the second time together with my son, which was more him playing and me reading what's happening, since he can't read yet ;>) - so I'd definitely say get White!

And as for the Pokenerds not liking B/W, I've gotta say that B/W was the first Pokemon game I really enjoyed and finished playing since Red. So I wouldn't say all Pokenerds hate B/W. ;>
I said the majority, not all.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country

I think you mean some don't like B/W.

B/W was the first Pokemon game I actually enjoyed playing, the others felt so off somehow. Also in B/W you can battle pokemon and other trainers in hot pants.

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually have moderately high expectations for this game. The fact of it being a sequel really intrigues me. Don't get me wrong, Gold/Silver made good sequels to Red/Blue, so maybe B2 and W2 might feature very similar features to Gold/Silver? Maybe another whole region, a total of 16 gym leaders including the original Unova leaders. Imo, the new dragon mixes look more badass the original three themselves.

20 years old, and I never thought I'd still be hooked on Pokemon. Have a special place in my heart for each and every main series game.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm 26 already and also still hooked, or at least still interested, and my son is totally into the TV series and the games... ^^;

I'm totally intrigued in a direct sequel, I was already quite happy about the intro movie in B/W and that there was some more focus on story compared to the other games, so I'm really curious what they'll do with a direct sequel.

I'm also pretty excited about Pokemon vs Nobunaga's Ambition, hope that will get localised as well, I had always thought the Pokemon franchise would be good SRPG material. *_*

Yeah, but majority sounds still a little exaggerated to me, I know lots of old Pokemon fans who found B/W rather enjoyable. :)

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 26 already and also still hooked, or at least still interested, and my son is totally into the TV series and the games... ^^;

I'm totally intrigued in a direct sequel, I was already quite happy about the intro movie in B/W and that there was some more focus on story compared to the other games, so I'm really curious what they'll do with a direct sequel.

I'm also pretty excited about Pokemon vs Nobunaga's Ambition, hope that will get localised as well, I had always thought the Pokemon franchise would be good SRPG material. *_*

Yeah, but majority sounds still a little exaggerated to me, I know lots of old Pokemon fans who found B/W rather enjoyable. :)
And I know lots who hated it. Argument:invalid

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That "argument: invalid" makes no sense. Your basis of a general consensus of people who enjoy the game is solely off of people you know. I know a ton who enjoyed it and few who hated it, but I don't boast saying the majority love the game.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That "argument: invalid" makes no sense. Your basis of a general consensus of people who enjoy the game is solely off of people you know. I know a ton who enjoyed it and few who hated it, but I don't boast saying the majority love the game.
Of all of the responses I've seen for it, the vast majority did not like this generation. I myself thought it was okay, so I'm not just trying to say my opinion is right.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of all of the responses I've seen for it, the vast majority did not like this generation. I myself thought it was okay, so I'm not just trying to say my opinion is right.
You made a post saying the majority of people hated the game, then when someone else said that they know a ton of people who like it, you followed with "argument: invalid" whatever that may mean. Anyways, yes, you are trying to say that your opinion is right or the majority vote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb