1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    The problem here is that he isn't properly motivated, and be cause of that, welcome to a post about being bored and suggestions of what i should do.

I am not in a position of telling you what you should do, but with proper motivation, you may even plan something worthy of your time and focus on doing it and sticking to it until is either done or you lose motivation or focus. Find things to be motivated about. What motivates you to visit GBATemp? Talking to people? Posting information on forums? Sending pm?

What motivates you to play a game? Graphics? Sound, music? Characters? Color? Story? You have to find something to motivate you to doing what you feel is worthy of your time. I always play old games like genesis and snes using Game genie and action replay codes hoping to find undiscovered things and ways to have fun, Sonic the hedgehog and debug mode is the most fun the genesis could have, matter of fact, ANY GAME with debug modes are the most fun you can have. Whatever motivates you to do what it is you feel like, that what you need to be remindied of. Making new friends motivates me to try games i may not have interested in, even if i may not like it, at least i tried and see how it went. I may even get splatoon if i can find friends to play with. I even bought a call of duty game, thinking it would help, just got to try man. :)

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    In addition to some of the great ideas in this thread, I like to listen to podcasts when I'm bored and/or doing some sort of mundane task.

3. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Canada
    Watch or get into sports. Hockey, baseball, soccer, football, there's gotta be a team you can devote a lot of attention to in your area. Or, just look forward to Rio 2016. :D

Not a sports guy? Then get into music... I love the Billboard (if you can't already tell) and keeping up with the latest songs before they become hits.

Still not into those things? Well... there is always Reddit's noSleep. ;)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  4. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer Stoned & $uicidal

Canada
    FACEBOOK

5. Greymane

Greymane Lurking gbatemp pony

Netherlands
    Gaming, learning new skills, searching Wikipedia for interesting stuff (mostly food and history), martial arts, cooking, reading.

6. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer Stoned & $uicidal

Canada
  7. TheGrayShow1467

United States
    Schedule: Wake up, browse the internet, masturbate, play video games, browse the internet, eat dinner, browse the internet, go to bed... and browse the internet.

In all seriousness, I volunteer at a library.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  8. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Canada
    What?! Where's the breakfast and lunch, my friend? :D

9. TheGrayShow1467

United States
    I mainly skip Breakfast because I wake up late morning, and skip lunch because I'm too lazy to make ramen noodles or ravioli. Sometimes I do eat breakfast, just depends on if I want to. Most of the time, I do eat lunch. Before I leave to volunteer, I drink a breakfast essentials thing and head out.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  10. joyoshi

joyoshi ICUP

Netherlands
    Start on some kind of project for a game, like making a Minecraft Resource Pack or mod, or making a custom skin for a smash character. Or try getting 100% in games.

11. GhostLatte

GhostLatte GBAtemp's Official Van Master™

Antarctica
    Mostly do your mom

Play video games :P

12. Ricken

Ricken Why Can We Not Be Sober

United States
    If you suddenly feel a bit annoyed with your organization, organization is satisfying (I moved almost exactly a year ago [7/6/15] and just got around to organizing. So worth it)

13. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

Germany
    Work for one day, and then you won't be bored anymore haha
    I usually just lurk around Youtube and I watch the same video for like 5 hours.

14. TheYellowFist

TheYellowFist Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll grab junk from around my yard and make fallout style weapon props.

VinLark likes this.
  15. VinLark

VinLark This Machine Used To Kill Bourgeois Sentimentality

United States
    I make hentai shitposts on youtube. Really nice way to relieve boredom and something else (insert lenny face here)

Fabian Schuchhardt likes this.
  16. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Antarctica
    I program, try to do some sort of Homebrew/Hax related thing on my 3DS, watch YouTube, play video games, go on Discord.

Even with all those things to do, I still get bored more often than I like. I try to game on my Computer, but I'm always afraid everyone's looking at what I'm playing/typing/etc/. :mellow:

17. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants
    Banned

United States
    Hentai.
    Hentai is good.

VinLark and Supster131 like this.
  18. Wolololo

Wolololo Member
    Newcomer

The key is to transform your hobbies into something creative/proactive. Too many people are consumers of content and that quickly becomes boring.

If you like video games you can try:
    - creating your own video game
    - creating mods or skins for videogames (other people mentioned minecraft for example)
    - create a blog/website about video games (reviews,...) <-- this works for any hobby of yours. Blog about your hobbies.
    - If you lurk here, I assume you like hacked consoles. You could look into understanding how hacking is done, work on your own hacks, etc...

If you like Anime/Manga you can try:
    - drawing
    - creating anime music videos

If you like games in general, you can try creating your own board game.

The key, again, is to look at the stuff you enjoy doing, and ask yourself if you could transform your hobby into a creative one instead of a passive/consumption one.

Just so you know, this is how/why I created my own blog 8 years ago, and I think I can say without bragging that 8 years later it is one of the most popular scene websites in the world, probably only topped by GBATemp itself.

Enjoy this thing you call "free time" and think of old timers like me who have 13 days of vacation a year, and have to use those days to take care of two young kids ;)

On a side note, in 15 years you will look back at your post and hate your past-self for having so much free time and not using it correctly. But again: boredom is good, because creativity comes from boredom.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    VinsCool likes this.
  19. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Cosplay - right now I'm working on sourcing the parts for the screwed up Statue of Liberty mask from the newest Purge movie. El wire may have to be ordered from Amazon.

20. B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N knows nothing

Antarctica
    Oh, I create things in my spare time, too. I do programming from time to time, and I'm looking into 3DS Homebrew Development.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - relieve, boredom,