大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
You're screwed.

Back when I lived in Kansai, I was crossing a major river in Kyoto (it has stones you can hop across). As I did, I felt something fall off my person. I turned around and saw my iPod floating down the river.

I did the only reasonable thing - I jumped in after it. It was still playing, but quickly spluttered to death.

If you want to save this iPod, you're stuck. I doubt it'll come back.

However, I had AppleCare on mine. So I dried it out took it to the Apple store in Osaka after a week or so and didn't mention how it came to it's final end. So they gave me a replacement.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikuchiyo said:
You're screwed.

Back when I lived in Kansai, I was crossing a major river in Kyoto (it has stones you can hop across). As I did, I felt something fall off my person. I turned around and saw my iPod floating down the river.

I did the only reasonable thing - I jumped in after it. It was still playing, but quickly spluttered to death.

If you want to save this iPod, you're stuck. I doubt it'll come back.

However, I had AppleCare on mine. So I dried it out took it to the Apple store in Osaka after a week or so and didn't mention how it came to it's final end. So they gave me a replacement.

You are a brave man.

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Pizzaroo said:
Yup, squeezing it with a sponge works, mine got wet too, but I was listening in my pool (like an idiot) and my little bro tipped over my raft
frown.gif
. It's fine though, It only cost a dollar anyway (won it from a stacker machine
laugh.gif
)
Damn, seriously? Don't tell me it was your first try... was it?
blink.gif
Those games are soooo rigged, but they're still winnable.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Javacat said:
Microwave it for 30 seconds.
grog.gif
hmm last last year i left my sp in my jeans pocket and threw it in the laundry i just realized 2 min late when i wanted to play.... I had my dad open it up and leave it in the sun next day i reassembled it and worked fine except the light screen didn't work

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
Pizzaroo said:
Yup, squeezing it with a sponge works, mine got wet too, but I was listening in my pool (like an idiot) and my little bro tipped over my raft
frown.gif
. It's fine though, It only cost a dollar anyway (won it from a stacker machine
laugh.gif
)
wait what?

Are you kidding me those machines are almost impossible and only with $1 o_o

QUOTE(PizzaPasta @ Sep 19 2008, 01:25 AM)
I thought iPods were invincible?
iPods are one of the flimsiest mp3 player money can buy. The thin frame breaks easily from a drop if not cushioned.

prettysmile39

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I WASH MY SON IPOD AND NOT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT, COULD I TAKE IT APART AND LET IT DRY OUT, WILL THAT WORK, OR JUST GO OUT AND BUY HIM A NEW IPOD, PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Put it in some rice. Rice can suck the moisture out of electronics, and it does a good job of it.

I feel I've said this on the forum in another thread before...

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Put in an airtight box (like tuperware or whatever) with some silica gel (the more the merrier). This will definitely remove all the moisture from it.

Whether it will work afterwards is anyone's guess...... seeing as you already powered it up while wet I would hazard a guess that some component or other is going to be arsed, but good luck - I hope it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse