Hardware What do you dislike most about the 3DS?

Cloak519

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, some say nothing is perfect. Now we've grabbed our 3DSes, what do you dislike most about them?
I have to admit that the design of the 3DS has grown on me since owning it in person. It's a lot less bulky and clumsy than I thought it looked on the photos. When the unit is closed, I think the design is really neat. Open it doesn't look too bad, but could be better.
The one thing I personally dislike most about the system is the location of the Select, Home and Start buttons. It's more of a case of them being 'hard' to push down while still feeling like you're being delicate with the console than anything.
Otherwise, I'm in love with it.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only complaint (from playing bets buy kiosks) is the position of the stylus. Every other DS has had it on the right side of the DS, now that it's on the left, it'll take some getting use to. :/

Very minor gripe, yea, but it's my only one
tongue.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I am not pointing this towards you, just the general public --

The thing I dislike the MOST about the 3DS are all the stupid people not giving it a chance, dissing it because of "headaches" (turn the 3D down dipshits), and the reception it is getting with news networks (CNN is full of idiots).

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
Start and Select button placement... Lack of good launch titles... Lack of red 3DS (because it looked awesome)... and the "region-lock", if there is one (heard there was). The region lock is what really irks me, though, because if I can improve my Japanese enough, I'd like to be able to play Japan's games without having to buy the 3DS to match. A

kaz_abdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My only complaint is that I cannot actually see the 3D effects let alone getting headaches lol.. Other than that, the design and button layout of the 3DS is nicely designed and it feels very comfortable in my hands
smile.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Xuphor said:
My only complaint (from playing bets buy kiosks) is the position of the stylus. Every other DS has had it on the right side of the DS, now that it's on the left, it'll take some getting use to. :/

tongue.gif

The DS Phat featured the stylus on the top of the DS but on the right side of the cart slot (looking at it from the front) rather than the left.

D

Deleted User

The stylus placement seems really odd to me. Not like the Lite's.

I also hate the region lock. A lot.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Xuphor said:

tongue.gif

The DS Phat featured the stylus on the top of the DS but on the right side of the cart slot (looking at it from the front) rather than the left.

I like that idea, finally something for us south paws!!! My Phat is almost ready for retirement as soon as my 3DS get in my hands. It will join my little gameboy Museum.
yaynds.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
shaunj66 said:
- Screen size/resolutions
Any bigger, and it wouldn't really be portable
- Battery life
I'll give you that one
- Dated design
IMO, the clamshell design is awesome
- Resistive touch screen
Why would it need a Capacitive touch screen? It wouldn't be compatable with a stylus at that point.

cr235

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the start and select buttons should be the same as the DSi i keep hitting the power button and the stylus should also be the same... apart from that i love it
gbasp.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The region lock.....i don't care about flashcards for anything else, but if they invent some kind of crack for the regions then i'm on board with that.

If there's one thing that's going to irritate many (mostly Europeans it has to be said) it'll be the region lock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.