What do you actually BUY?

Out of games for certain systems, which do you buy?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

• PS3

• PSP

• NDS

• PC

• None

• PS2

• Total voters

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know GBATemp is filled with pirates, not everyone is though. But there must be certain things you still buy! I buy certain items too. So what do you actually buy?

If you would like a option added to the poll, just ask. I'll see if I can add it there.
smile.gif
I left out a few I think anyways.

EDIT: Added PS2!
smile.gif

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't going to reveal much about the pirating / buying tendencies of the people who participate in the poll. None of this will reveal who pirates whatever things instead of buying them, because this is just simply asking what do people buy. For example, if 5 people choose one topic each, what does it reveal? That they buy those things. Unless you're simply looking for what people still actually buy, then I guess this one-sided poll is okay...

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, I buy most PC games that I'm interested in with the one exception being if I doubt that they're good. Then I first pirate that game and if it's good I buy it, otherwise I just delete my pirated copy.

Same as above I buy CDs that I feel are worth paying for and sometimes I buy DVDs.

Books/Manga is a whole different cause since I can't see myself reading them on anything but paper so of course I buy them.

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwilitSky said:
This isn't going to reveal much about the pirating / buying tendencies of the people who participate in the poll. None of this will reveal who pirates whatever things instead of buying them, because this is just simply asking what do people buy. For example, if 5 people choose one topic each, what does it reveal? That they buy those things. Unless you're simply looking for what people still actually buy, then I guess this one-sided poll is okay...
Well they could explain in the post, I barely realized that too.
tongue.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I buy all my games. Not to sound like I'm on a moral high horse, but it's true. I also buy all my music and stuff.

I used to download... but ehh, pretty much gave it all up once I got my own money to spend.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
None, for the first question. (I would like "none" add the the poll)
only manga in the second one.

I buy game only if it can't be pirate or no way to get the pirated goes online

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, Xbox 360 games are the only games I feel are worth their price.
That being said, I always purchase Xbox 360 titles.

I sometimes buy Nintendo DS games, bit they seriously have to be worth it.
And also, you'll never see me buying a Wii game. :P

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your poll is broken I want to pick xbox 360 games but i pirate the other stuff in the other part of the poll but i need to pick another option.

Thanks for fixing it.

I buy my 360 games and pirate movies/software/music/anime/ds games/operating systems/manga/pc games.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I pirate all the software, music, movies, games I can get away with, basically if I dont need to pay to have it, I dont pay.

I do however spend massive amounts on hardware and other tech!
yaypsp.gif

alex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I used to pirate most manga and read it online, but most of the time I like having the book itself, it's just better because I can share it with friends and let them read it. Same with Anime DVDs, I would end up buying them later, like I got Lucky Star 1 when it was licensed in the US. I need to get the rest.
tongue.gif

Games I don't see too much worth, but when I get a 360 I'm going to buy the games, because I don't want to risk losing my Live account, and being banned.

And I don't read a lot of normal books, so I don't buy them, the closest I get now are the light novels for manga. I don't listen to a lot of music so I don't buy them either.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I buy every game that's worth buying. That might sound like a bad excuse, but it isn't. Yes, I do pirate a lot, but I buy quite a lot as well. Since I'm pirating, I'm only buying more games.

I have a backup loader for my Wii, a flashcart for my DS and a modchip in my Xbox, but I buy games for all of them. I have 3 original Xbox games and about 100 backups (but hey, I got it a few months ago with a lot of backups on it!), I have 10 original DS-games and pretty much every rom and I have 10 original Wii-games and about 15 backups. In the end, the gaming industry didn't lose anything because I would've bought the same amount of games with modchip/loader/flashcart, just different ones.

I never buy movies or music though. It's actually legal to download music and movies in the Netherlands, so it doesn't really bother me. I do have about 10 original DVDs, but I bought them for a very low price (like 5 euros).

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Satangel said:
Prime said:
Satangel said:
I buy nothing at all
tongue.gif

We don't like your type >:(

Thought so, kinda ashamed now
tongue.gif

But my parents don't want to spend much money and don't let me spend much money, that's one of the main reasons I can't buy a lot of things.
Else I would have bought Fire Emblem DS for sure.

Dont be ashamed, I have tons of money and I still refuse to pay for most things!
yaypsp.gif

smileipb2.png

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pc games that need a legit serial for online play. That's it. Rather spend my money on stuff that can't be got for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...