Hardware What do yo think Sony's solution to the 3DS will be?

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
with the release date of the 3DS drawing nearer and nearer, what do you think sony' solution to the 3DS will be?
perhaps they are making a new 3D psp?

what are your thoughts on this and how do you think that sony will be able match nintendo now?

thanks

yaypsp.gif

yaynds.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they already have

alot of developers confirmed they have PSP2 units and dev kits

no official announcement yet, it seems like they are getting ready for a quick release after an official announcement

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sony and MS are always ahead with graphic quality on their consoles, BUT THATS IT! They both lag behind Nintendo by at least 1/4 if not a 1/3 of an entire console/handheld generation cycle. During the lag they steal Nintendo's ideas and port them to their current line. After the lag they produce a product similar to Nintendo's but with some tweaks and upgrades to take advantage of the offset in the pc/cpu/tech cycle and the game console generation cycle. Thats when they make their money and plan for the next round so they are already behind because Nintendo made their money upfront and started thinking about the next round 18 months prior. Now before someone goes calling me a Ninty fanboy, let me say I own a PS3, Wii, PSPGo, and a DSi XL and I spend more time on the PS3 than the Wii but more on the DSi XL than the PSPGo so I think I am evenly split and therefore able to be objective on the matter.

So what will sony do, they will wait 9-18 months and release the PSP 3D.

Edit: (post below) Yeah Joe is right, they probably won't release a 3d handheld this gen at all.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they said they wernt doing that
I dont even want to think of what the cost would be combined with the powerful hardware

all we know right now is it will have a touch sensitive back, and maybe a touch screen

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure Sony will do sweet bugger all.

3d on the 3DS is likely over hyped and comparable to Wii fit for genuine usefulness.

I think it would be nice if Sony took the advantages of the PSP GO and dumped the bad ideas for the PSP2.

I'd likely get a PSP2 if it had decent internal memory, but also had data input and ability to load games. Removing ability to load games, I think was inspired fucking dumb.

All I want from a device, is a large screen, good internal storage and the power to go online and be worth it after doing so. A good pdf reader would be nice too.
3d games? fuck 3d games.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Running away?

lol

Posts merged

QUOTE(elmoreas @ Oct 7 2010, 08:08 AM) Sony and MS are always ahead with graphic quality on their consoles, BUT THATS IT! They both lag behind Nintendo by at least 1/4 if not a 1/3 of an entire console/handheld generation cycle. During the lag they steal Nintendo's ideas and port them to their current line. After the lag they produce a product similar to Nintendo's but with some tweaks and upgrades to take advantage of the offset in the pc/cpu/tech cycle and the game console generation cycle. Thats when they make their money and plan for the next round so they are already behind because Nintendo made their money upfront and started thinking about the next round 18 months prior. Now before someone goes calling me a Ninty fanboy, let me say I own a PS3, Wii, PSPGo, and a DSi XL and I spend more time on the PS3 than the Wii but more on the DSi XL than the PSPGo so I think I am evenly split and therefore able to be objective on the matter.

So what will sony do, they will wait 9-18 months and release the PSP 3D.

Edit: (post below) Yeah Joe is right, they probably won't release a 3d handheld this gen at all.

very true

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sony said:
We won't release a 3D handheld. We do believe it's a gimmick.
inb4 PSP2-2000 - NOW WITH 3D SCREEN

Also:
Sony said:
Touch-screen is a gimmick. Real gamers want buttons.
And then PSP2 has a touch-screen.

Sony
Motion sensing is a gimmick. Real gamers don't want to shake things around.
And then Move for PS3 comes out.

Psh, Sony.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Panzer Tacticer said:
Not sure Sony will do sweet bugger all.

3d on the 3DS is likely over hyped and comparable to Wii fit for genuine usefulness.

I think it would be nice if Sony took the advantages of the PSP GO and dumped the bad ideas for the PSP2.

I'd likely get a PSP2 if it had decent internal memory, but also had data input and ability to load games. Removing ability to load games, I think was inspired fucking dumb.

All I want from a device, is a large screen, good internal storage and the power to go online and be worth it after doing so. A good pdf reader would be nice too.
3d games? fuck 3d games.

yeah ill really want sony to incoperate a large internal memory into whatever handheld they are going to release next

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Sony said:
We won't release a 3D handheld. We do believe it's a gimmick.
inb4 PSP2-2000 - NOW WITH 3D SCREEN

Also:
Sony said:
Touch-screen is a gimmick. Real gamers want buttons.
And then PSP2 has a touch-screen.

Sony
Motion sensing is a gimmick. Real gamers don't want to shake things around.
And then Move for PS3 comes out.

Psh, Sony.

hypocrites is all i can say about you sony

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Sony. You say touch screens are a gimmick, yet there's been tons of speculation about your touchy PSP2. You say waggle is a gimmick, yet you market Playstation like mad. Finally, you claim 3D as a gimmick, yet you constantly tout the PS3's 3D capabilities.
unsure.gif

I've come to the conclusion that Sony's strategy is to say what their fans immediately want to hear, whether it will coincide with their future actions or not.
tongue.gif

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think they're going to copy-cat Nintendo like they're doing with the Move right now.
(god, i hate that Move commercial with that b*tch with the annoying voice, on the Dutch ad atleast)

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DryYoshi said:
I think they're going to copy-cat Nintendo like they're doing with the Move right now.
(god, i hate that Move commercial with that b*tch with the annoying voice, on the Dutch ad atleast)
i agree that they are copying the WII

p.s:
I read your signature and so I searched dry yoshi in google and that fetus that you found is actually an inbread baby this commonly occurs in Asian
countries such as Pakistan when two cousins marry.
hope this fact is of sum use to u

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they're gonna release the PSP 2, and it will be a disappointment. It will be powerful enough for better graphics than the 3DS, since it's releasing later. But people won't want it as much as 3DS, since Nintendo has them exclusives and 3D. I will have a PSP 2 of course, I got a PSP even though DS/DS lite/ DSi/DSi XL is winning the race. PSP 2 will probably be some what cool, and maybe even get people wondering and thinking of which to get... Right now. Until we see the PSP 2 we can't fully know, I do think Sony confirmed they're not doing the 3D thing.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
ps2p better be able to play ps2 games
tongue.gif

I some what like it to be this...

psp2-concept2.jpg

laugh.gif

lol i strongly doubt that it will end up like that

Rydian said:
If the PSP2 could play PS2 games, people would shit themselves in happiness.
im shitting myself with just the thought of it and its making me happy.....lol

QUOTE(Schizoanalysis @ Oct 8 2010, 01:29 AM)
I think they'll just start suing more people.

They seem to like doing this.
lol

oh sony why do you have to be hypocrites and steal ideas...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo